CrazyBoards.org

I LOVE this place!

I am 38, bipolar II, take several meds (Lamictal, Lexapro, Seroquel, Klonopin). I was diagnosed eight years ago, but I knew something was wrong with me from the time I was eight years old (30 years ago!). I would have anger and panic attacks and my parents just thought I was a little asshole. A lot of things have changed about mental illness since then, thank God. I have a wonderfully supportive husband, and a fantastic 18 year old daughter. My daughter has minor depressive episodes, but mainly generalized anxiety and panic attacks. It's in the genes, folks. I went through the worst of my "episodes" in January of this year; I was extremely depressed for two weeks, couldn't go to work, and ultimately attempted to kill myself. I took 90 Ativan and 20 Seroquel, and that did not do the job. Guess I've got a top notch liver. I spent one night in intensive care and then came home. I don't remember a lot before it happened or after. It has been nearly 3 months now and I feel much better but there is always the buzzing in my brain. I've read over this forum and I love it. I feel I can truly be myself here. I belong to a couple of other forums and their rules are like being in the military. I write poetry (mostly dark, ok, ALL dark), and I've posted one, and would like to post others if that's alright. That is the best way I can communicate what goes on in my head. Again, I am SO SO glad I found this site. Thank you for making it what it is!

Hi moonstruck. Sorry to move your poem to the Poetry Thread without the by line. I'm glad you caught that. We are fine here with poetry, actually encourage it, but to keep it together, we prefer postings be in one of the poetry threads. Check out the Vogon Poetry Thread. It's great bad stuff and a nice compliment to the more serious writings. We are on our second poetry thread, btw. The other one should be searchable.

Welcome to CB! Guess I should have said that first. We have blogs and chat in addition to the boards. Take a look around and feel free to post. We have a few rules which are worth looking over, but otherwise are very easy going here.

Again, welcome.

Welcome to our happy home! I'm glad you found this place and I'm sure you will fit right in with our crowd.

Let us know if there is anything you don't understand.

Good luck! I'm so happy your suicide attempt failed and you are still here for your daughter and husband.

olga

Archived