CrazyBoards.org

Dosage?

I know that 30 mg of Adderall XR is really the same as 30 mg Adderall IR except that with the XR, only half releases at first, right? Well, if I was to take 30 mg IR in the morning, would it still be okay? Otherwise I am not able to go to sleep at night? I mean would the stimulant effect still be there all day anyway? I ask because when I take the 30 mg in the morning, I still have no appetite by afternoon. I'm so curious and haven't found any answers online.

It would seem so, that it releases half at first and the other half later:

The ADDERALL XR capsule contains two types of

drug-containing beads designed to give a double-pulsed delivery of amphetamines,

which prolongs the release of amphetamine from ADDERALL XR compared to the

conventional ADDERALL (immediate-release) tablet formulation.

That is from the PI.

I am not sure what you are asking otherwise, sorry. If you are comparing 30 mgs XR to IR, the XR should last longer.

nf

Ha...you're right, I did kinda babble on and stuff...I had written it when I was sort of having a panic attack. My doc is taking me off a few meds and put me on Adderall so I'm just all over the place. Had terrible anxiety that would not subside till I took my Vistaril...thank God for it. I guess I was worried if it was bad if I took all 30 mg of IR in the morning instead of spreading it out throughout the day. But because of my major hella crash yesterday, I'm going to do 15 mg in the AM and 15 mg at lunchtime. I guess I was also asking if their strengths were the same, just that they release differently. Like 30 mg of XR is still 30 mg of IR, but XR lasts longer...right?

Archived