CrazyBoards.org

alternatives to lexapro, numbness and depression

I take lexapro and the only solution my doctor has to the numbness on it is to add wellbutrin to it, now that's great and all, but wellbutrin sucks for me, i hate wellbutrin when i was on it. and don't really look to try it again. are they any alternative ssri's we can try.

he hates when i ask about the ssri's, whenever i do he goes down the list of antidepressants he has tried with me.

paxil

remeron

pristiq

abilify(yah he conts this one)

wellbutrin

pamelor

lexapro

but he never offers another one, lexapro is great, but it sucks when it poops out, or you just sleep all the time, and you have no, no excitement. any suggestions? i do plan on going to a different pdoc when things get settled. he's done a good job, but he's become rather inflexible in terms of treatment.

risperdal has been fda approved as an AD, Paxil is ok, but the side effects at the beginning are sucky, so start LOW like 10mg low. Welbutrin sucked for me too lexapro i liked and was thinking about asking to switch to it. Abilify has also been approved as an AD, he was right. Sometimes piggy backing works, give it a try if it woesnt work try another and so forth you will find your combo. :)

risperdal has been fda approved as an AD,

No, it hasn't, though it's used for that from time to time. Seroquel seems to have some AD properties, and I believe it's been approved for use with bipolar depression.

The AAPs in combination with an AD are worth a shot.

yah ive tried lexapro combined with seroquel before, it's a really good combo. among some of the combos out there. but the only problem is the SSRi part. specifically sleeping all day and again being numb, ill def look into maybe trying a different AD with the seroquel. even gabapentin combined with seroquel ain't bad.

i really don't know why gabapentin isn't used more for antipsychotic side effects, as it definitely kills akathisia pretty much.

I took Lexapro for over six months. It made me feel very disconnected, and my thoughts were fuzzy. I also kept sweating all the time. I tried Pristiq for a while, and Celexa after that; neither did anything positive or negative, other than side effects when I started and stopped. Prozac is the first SSRI I've tried that addresses my MI effectively without making me feel disconnected, fuzzy, sweaty, etc. Now that I'm used to it in my system (started with 10 mg four months ago, now I'm up to 80 mg), I don't notice any negatives at all. My pdoc told me that Lexapro (prescribed by my family doctor) often makes people feel disconnected. So, while it's great that it's helping you, there are definitely other drugs that might help you without those side effects. It took me a long time to find the right help, but the Prozac has made an enormous difference. Good luck in finding a pdoc who is more flexible and open-minded.

well yah that takes some thinking about sue, but i thought of it, when i was just taking it by itself i noticed the issue. i have been doing better as of late and my doctor put me back on gabapentin, it is really the drug i love to hate. but i can't really do without apparently.

Archived