CrazyBoards.org

Catherine Zeta-Jones Hospitalized for Bipolar II

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/9409919/ns/today-entertainment/

Scroll down about halfway and look on the right side of the screen.

Basically, Zeta-Jones was "briefly hospitalized Wednesday" for issues related to BP II. I like this video clip the best because it talks a bit about BP II in general and dispells some myths about the condition. They even said that the stigma of having BP II was so severe in America.

Thanks for sharing that. I think they handled this really well.

Here's the direct link:

http://today.msnbc.m...587319#42587319

Thanks for getting that Cetkat. That was very well done and educational. It is really great that the today show uses psychiatrists and experts to discuss BP2, it was not just celebrity gossip.

Great to know that if she is depressed, what chance do we mere mortals have of achieving

a decent life for ourselves?

I mean, really, all the money in the world to fix whatever, but not enough to "fix" mental health

challenges.

I don't know whether to laugh or to cry, but I think it will be crying.

Great to know that if she is depressed, what chance do we mere mortals have of achieving

I mean, really, all the money in the world to fix whatever, but not enough to "fix" mental health

challenges.

Well, she is going in for a brief hospitalization and then she is working, filming a new movie. She was under a lot of stress this last year. I would not assume that she is NOT being 'fixed'. It was probably a med adjustment. Not much different than other health conditions where one might need hospitalization for a few days. She function very well, from an outside perspective.

We are fixable, bipolar is treatable.

challenges.

Well, she is going in for a brief hospitalization and then she is working, filming a new movie. She was under a lot of stress this last year. I would not assume that she is NOT being 'fixed'. It was probably a med adjustment. Not much different than other health conditions where one might need hospitalization for a few days. She function very well, from an outside perspective.

Exactly. She is a wonderful example of what is possible with proper medication. True, she's probably relatively lucky. But it's very hopeful.

challenges.

Exactly. She is a wonderful example of what is possible with proper medication. True, she's probably relatively lucky. But it's very hopeful.

Not everyone, regardless of the therapy and medication, can live lives that are as productive as we would all like, however.

I don't have time to look at the links...but she was also hospitalized a few days last week or the week before (they all kind of blend in) in CT. The Los Angeles Times has some great articles about it.

From the outside, she is being very mature and I appreciate that. She does have kids and I think its great for the kids to see her getting tx rather than being the next lindsay lohan.

cb

Isolde, of course there will always be worst case scenarios, with every illness. The point is, even for people who are never going to be at 100%, proper treatment improves the course of their illness.

That is what makes her going public significant. No one is claiming that everyone who gets treated will perform at her level, but the fact that *she* is performing at that level is encouraging for people who are scared to seek treatment.

IDK, I wouldn't trade in my anonymity for a personal trainer. I'm already lucky in that I have a pretty good doctor and I think the meds are the same assuming you can afford them. So, yeah, money can make some difference, but that difference is mostly about poor,, working poor, and middle class. From there, it's mostly nice to have. Lack of wealth affects the MH of anyone regardless of MI. On the whole, I don't think managing MI is all that much easier for famous people. Being famous would suck, IMO. Getting press when mentally unwell would suck more.

I'm glad this is getting positive press, but on the whole and to be honest, I really just don't care about the story. It has no more or less value than the stories of people here.

Archived