CrazyBoards.org

Lamictal and MAJORLY depressed

Been on 25mg for about a week and a half and I am severely depressed, barely functioning for the past 2 days. Granted...I have , as ususal, MAJOR life stressors but still extremely

depressed. Two calls to my counselor and my pdoc is on vacation....anyone know of somthing to help me through this weekend? I do have Klonapin .05mg?

Are you starting 50mg after week 2? I'm on 400mg Lamictal (200mg in the morning & 200mg at night). I didn't start seeing any antidepressant effects until about 200mg, but everyone’s different. I would definitely schedule an emergency session with your therapist. I have horrible depressive episodes and Lamictal wasn't enough by itself. There's really no quick fix. Maybe you could talk to whoever is covering for your pdoc and ask about being put on an antidepressant. Good luck!!

Are you starting 50mg after week 2? I'm on 400mg Lamictal (200mg in the morning & 200mg at night). I didn't start seeing any antidepressant effects until about 200mg, but everyone’s different. I would definitely schedule an emergency session with your therapist. I have horrible depressive episodes and Lamictal wasn't enough by itself. There's really no quick fix. Maybe you could talk to whoever is covering for your pdoc and ask about being put on an antidepressant. Good luck!!

My counselor suggested I call my primary since they have treated me for depression, and faxed my info to them. They called me first thing this morning and after talking to the DR will let me know.

I think I just need a low dose of venlafexine to combat the depression, and Ive only been off it for a few days but Im becoming more depressed.

Danni I like your kitty picture!!! Do they really sleep like that?

My counselor suggested I call my primary since they have treated me for depression, and faxed my info to them. They called me first thing this morning and after talking to the DR will let me know.

I think I just need a low dose of venlafexine to combat the depression, and Ive only been off it for a few days but Im becoming more depressed.

Danni I like your kitty picture!!! Do they really sleep like that?

Archived