CrazyBoards.org

Does it come and go?

I have a bit of an OCD problem that tends to come and go. This is something I should have asked my doctor about, but I assumed it was permanent when diagnosed with it, however I've had periods where it seems nonexistent to me and then returns.

Wondering if anyone else has similar issue where it seems to come and go at random?

One more thing I want to add, I notice when I'm tired/didn't get enough sleep OCD much worse, wondering if happens to you too?

Thanks for answers

In individuals who are bipolar it's common for it to come and go as their mood cycles.

Interesting, but i don't have bipolar dx, so what does it mean for me? Is it not possible for ocd to come and go in people with just ocd problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah. I think it's always there....but the severity comes and goes. When I am not taking care of myself, or there is some other "stressor" in my life, it amps up considerably. I have definitely noticed this. When I am happy and busy, ...things are going well....I can just push much of it away.

I have a bit of an OCD problem that tends to come and go. This is something I should have asked my doctor about, but I assumed it was permanent when diagnosed with it, however I've had periods where it seems nonexistent to me and then returns.

Wondering if anyone else has similar issue where it seems to come and go at random?

One more thing I want to add, I notice when I'm tired/didn't get enough sleep OCD much worse, wondering if happens to you too?

Thanks for answers

It's always worse in times of stress and anxiety. I'm close to being cured so that it is not longer a problem for me, but it still rears it ugly head in times of stress.

Archived