CrazyBoards.org

what are things that give you excessive stimulation?

Hello crazy boards smile.gif

Please tell me what are the things that overstimulate you.

I mean things like bright lights, laughing/ crying a lot, late nights, not sleeping while traveling, overcrowdedplaces, loud arguments, noisy places.

I want to know what are the other things that give excessive stimulation to people with bipolar disorder.wink.gif

It depends upon my mood state but in general, loud places, any sort of shopping experience like an IKEA, Costco, big city parking garages where you drive in circles deep into the ground. Lack of sleep is a serious issue. I have a stronger need for quiet and calm then when I was younger. Any sort of carnival or board walk atmosphere is a bit over stimulating.

I do like that picture of Catherine Z-Jones and Michael Douglas. They seem to be a very loving couple.

Days at work when the phonecalls won't stop, the emails are streaming in, people are showing up at my office and I have meetings, all of which it's impossible to prioritise because everyone thinks their problem is the most important on the face of the planet.

Oh yes, and malls.

Not getting enough sleep can do it. Forgetting my CBT when I'm knee deep in a stressful situation and feel like it's NEVER going to end and I'm TRAPPED and something BAD is likely to happen SOON if I don't ESCAPE! When I start overthinking a project instead of just identifying the next step and acting on it.

Archived