CrazyBoards.org

Abilify and Geodon are supposedly weight neutral. Me and my gut disagree, however.

Like Sasha said, you're not going to know until you try. My mom was a size 5 on Zyprexa. That's how varied things can be.

According to the PI sheet for Saprhis, the rate of weight gain greater than 7% body weight was 5.8%.

From PI Sheet:

Increases in weight have been observed in pre-marketing clinical trials with SAPHRIS. Patients

receiving SAPHRIS should receive regular monitoring of weight [see Patient Counseling Information

(17.5)].

In short-term schizophrenia and bipolar mania trials, there were differences in mean weight gain

between SAPHRIS-treated and placebo-treated patients. In short-term, placebo-controlled schizophrenia

trials, the mean weight gain was 1.1 kg for SAPHRIS-treated patients compared to 0.1 kg for placebotreated patients. The proportion of patients with a ≥7% increase in body weight (at Endpoint) was 4.9% for

SAPHRIS-treated patients versus 2% for placebo-treated patients. In short-term, placebo-controlled

bipolar mania trials, the mean weight gain for SAPHRIS-treated patients was 1.3 kg compared to 0.2 kg

for placebo-treated patients. The proportion of patients with a ≥7% increase in body weight (at Endpoint)

was 5.8% for SAPHRIS-treated patients versus 0.5% for placebo-treated patients.

Archived