CrazyBoards.org

My OCD was in remission, but over the last week it has taken over my life again. It's back full force, and it seems much more severe than before. My obsessions are the same as always, but my rituals have changed - some of the old ones are still there, but the others are very new. It's just so discouraging, because I was managing my OCD so well and the medications were helping me. Now I feel like I'm back to square one, and don't feel like I have the resources to deal with it because I'm still trying to get my mood swings under control. Sorry, this post doesn't really have a purpose - just venting I guess.

Hi,

I was diagnosed with OCD at 7 then I got help and didn't need meds again until around 17 and then I was diagnosed with Bipolar II Disorder. I'm not saying you have that but I know some of the symptoms are OCD stuff.

Besides that though, stress is really, really bad for any "disorders" so I'm sure that is a big part of it.

My OCD was in remission, but over the last week it has taken over my life again. It's back full force, and it seems much more severe than before. My obsessions are the same as always, but my rituals have changed - some of the old ones are still there, but the others are very new. It's just so discouraging, because I was managing my OCD so well and the medications were helping me. Now I feel like I'm back to square one, and don't feel like I have the resources to deal with it because I'm still trying to get my mood swings under control. Sorry, this post doesn't really have a purpose - just venting I guess.

Hi,

I was diagnosed with OCD at 7 then I got help and didn't need meds again until around 17 and then I was diagnosed with Bipolar II Disorder. I'm not saying you have that but I know some of the symptoms are OCD stuff.

Besides that though, stress is really, really bad for any "disorders" so I'm sure that is a big part of it.

Thanks Em21. I actually do have Bipolar II and have suffered with OCD since I was 6. I definitely think my OCD flare-ups and my down-swings are correlated. As my mood has dropped further and further, my OCD has become a lot worse.

Archived