CrazyBoards.org

Does it ever get any easier?

I don't understand depression or it's uses. I guess it has something to do with motivation, but in today's environment it's worthless, doesn't help any. Maybe we're a step away from evolving out of these things.....

Anyways I'm slipping back into that terrible feeling. That sinking feeling that begins connecting with every thought I have and how horrible the world is....

The good part about this time around is I feel like I already hit rock bottom before and the drugs pulled me out, so I try to tell myself that it's not forever...but you know how depression has a funny way of tricking you completely into thinking this is it.....this is all there is....THIS time you will not be able to make it.....

I'm wondering if it gets better ?

I guess it depends on what type of depression you have. There are so many. I've only had one episode of depression and I now know what caused it (my stupidity), but sometimes people have recurrent depression that keeps coming back. I'd definitely go with meds, therapy too can help. And keep reminding yourself that you have gotten through it before. If the meds and therapy work, it will hopefully get better. Also look at any situational triggers, and see if you can get away from any that are present until you are more weller. It was that that helped me to finally break free from my depression, I think.

The good part about this time around is I feel like I already hit rock bottom before and the drugs pulled me out, so I try to tell myself that it's not forever...but you know how depression has a funny way of tricking you completely into thinking this is it.....this is all there is....THIS time you will not be able to make it.....

It sounds like, rationally you know that it will pass or there is some option out there to help you. It's good to have that kind of insight, hopefully you can keep it through all the depression fuckery. It really is tricky.

For me, it just comes and goes in waves. There's usually a mild bit of depression most of the time, but it gets severe here and there. I just try and do what you said you do and remind myself that I've thought there was no way out before and I've (or my doctor) found a way out.

When is your next pdoc appointment? You sound like you need a med adjustment, I think you're worse off mood-wise than you may think. It's a lot easier to nip things in the bud than wait till you are speeding downhill. Keep posting and let us know how you're doing.

It definitely can and does get a lot better.

It sounds like your antidepressant isn't working well. There are dozens of different ones, so I hope you will see your pdoc and work with him to find one that does the job.

You CAN get better and not feel depressed all the time, but it will take some work. You need the right medications, you might need therapy, and it definitely helps to eat healthy food, get enough sleep, and do some vigorous exercise. The pills don't work in isolation---you need to do the other stuff, too.

olga

Archived