CrazyBoards.org

Has anyone had this happen? I was prescribed 600 mg X 3 per day but insurance will only cover 2 pills a day. I've tried to do 2 per day and it just doesn't cut it. Very frustrating because I have been trying different meds for over 2 yrs and this one seem to really be working but now a corporation driven by profits and stockholders is making my health Care decisions. Even over riding my doctor who knows my situation and prescribed it. WTF.

I am appealing it but am petty sure it will go no where. From what I have read 1800 mg a day is not that uncommon and is with in the therapeutic range. So I guess after that rant, my question is whether anyone has had this situation with this med and is anyone on 1800 mg a day?

That's crazy. 1800mg is high, but not at all controversial, it is a normal therapeutic dosage. They are being sleazy (shocking). I would enlist the help of your p-doc in approaching the company.

Thanks for the replies and advise. I did price the pills at CVS pharmacy which is the one I always use and for 30 it was almost $200, for the generic. I will try cost co if I cannot get it worked out but our cost co is a 25 min drive each way. Sadly the pdoc has called the insurance co several time regarding the dosage and was shot down. My ins co does deny almost every med I've been on at first and makes my Dr office call to push it through. Then they approve it, but not this time.

Archived