CrazyBoards.org

I cut my boob and I don't know why

So, I cut anyway but until recently I've been having some success in not doing it, and normally I cut on my legs - used to be my arms but I stopped cutting there for visibility reasons. I just don't know why I randomly decided to cut my boob and wondering if it means something... it's recently been the first anniversery (sarcastic cheer) of me getting raped and going to psych hospital so wondering if there's a connection... how common is this? Anyone know?

Thanks for reading.

I'm not sure how much research there is into this but I think there is a connection between sexual abuse and harming sexual parts of our body. But you can also take into account the visibilty issues - I cut everywhere people dont see, including my breasts, so that may be another reason.

I hope you are keeping safe, cutting is an addiction a lot of us need to tackle.

Have you spoken to a therapist about this? If so, what did they have to say?

Don't have one right now.

Thanks for the replies though guys, I think I might be able to avoid doing this in future by reminding myself pretty hard how much it hurts like a motherfucker afterwards, like a ridiculous amount.

Meh, when I sort out therapy I will mention it.

x

There could certainly be a connection, yes. That said, there is the issue of visible scarring to consider as well, so it could be a simple as that.

I do think it would be wonderful for you to have a therapist to help you deal with all this, and I strongly encourage you to do so. If you are actively cutting anywhere, you aren't in a good place, and treatment is important, and could be very valuable to you.

what is your plan to find mental health care? How quickly can you "sort it out"?

anna

what is your plan to find mental health care? How quickly can you "sort it out"?

anna

The NHS is giving me very infrequent appointments with doctors who basically just deal with my meds (venlafaxine/Effexor). I've been seeing my university counsellor but really they just aren't set up to deal with anything more extreme than exam stress and homesickness, so I'm looking into other options, the most likely seems to be talking my parents into setting up either a private psychiatrist or therapist of some kind. I know they can afford it and all, it just means talking to my parents about feelings, which kind of Isn't Done (my mum's a robot with no emotions, my dad is so incredibly empathetic and so easily worried about me that I feel like I can't tell him I'm upset because of how much it would effect him, and unfortunately I'm a very good actor, so they never know anything unless I tell them).

So... not that quickly. :( Thank you for your concern though, and for replying - it means a lot.

x

I cut on my sides near my boobs... I have cut between them before too. I think I cut those areas because they are parts that I'm not pleased with, parts that other people may enjoy but then they leave and what am I left with but fat and memories of what was? Also, because the bra runs through there, and I like being reminded of the pain... That's always how I cut though... to be reminded of my failures, as if I needed reminding.

I don't know if MY reasons will help you make sense of it, but I hope it sheds a little light... and I hope it helps you realize you're not alone in this... and we all really need to help each other.

<3

ive cut my upper and lower arms, ankles, and thighs. mostly the thighs, because i can hide them. i will never again wear a bathing suit, but i hated them anyway.

i've never cut or burned my breast, but i can totally see the symbology of doing so.

Archived