CrazyBoards.org

I messed up again.

It's been almost a month and a half sense the last time i self harmed. But today i messed up and did it again... I was really deppressed because my GF just broke up with me because she found out that i self harmed in the past. The only reason i stoped was because of her and because my mom found out and told me that the next time i do it she's going to send me to get "help" at some phsyciactric hospital...

i would strongly encourage you to go to therapy and talk to someone about this behavior. Your reason for stopping should not be dependent on one person. You have to want to do it for yourself, to get better b/c you don't want to do it anymore. I hope you can reach that point one day. and, you can and will find someone else. i know what a breakup feels like, i just got divorced! but, you can't give up, and realize that it's really not the end of the world, even if it feels like it.

• 1 month later...

a month is great!!! cutting is so hard to stop especailly when it not for yourself. its hard to stop cutting for other people, but it seems to be a good reason. i do that all the time. i hope your safe. cutting is really hard, and you will crack every now and then and thats okay. hope your okay. be safe.

Today is a new day. It takes a long time to break the habit, and even longer to stop thinking about it. You did do really great. Don't discount yourself.

Talking to a therapist would be a really good thing right now. It helps to have a wide array of coping skills - not just thinking about what someone thinks of SI. What else can you hang on to when things are getting bad? What else can you do instead? The Instead I thread might be a good one for you to check out, if you haven't already.

I agree with rowen. You went for a while without SI'ing, which is good.

It doesn't sound like that girl was very supportive. I hope you find someone good for you.

Therapy can help a lot with self injury. I know a lot of people have had success with DBT.

Good luck, and don't beat yourself up over all of it. Breakup's suck, but they happen unfortunately.

For me, I went about a year where I was in the process of giving up my SI. I would go for a couple of months and suddenly my triggers would get bad again so I would cut for a few days, then give up again until the next time. It was only after the last time that I knew I had given up properly.

These blips are nothing to beat yourself up for. Going so long without SI is a really good achievement. We can all have bad days when we have been doing really well for a long time, and that is how I see small blips.

Archived