CrazyBoards.org

Your thoughts make you think you think you actually did them

I have had OCD since i was like 11 or so- it used to be counting and and those sort of obsessions- - now its extreme intrusive thoughts.

I have sexual thoughts- and my thoughts make think I really did those things- I know I have OCD- but the evil person in my head- keeps telling me " Im nasty- and im using OCD as an excuse"

Im so tired and i cant get it to stop. I do so many nice things for people, and I think its because i try to overcompensate for all the nasty shit my mind says.

Please tell me someone else experiences this. I feel absolutely crazy.

Any words of wisdom would help.

I supposedly have OCD... I think I'm in denial. I'm not really sure. We just don't really address it so it doesn't really ever get any better it just takes a vacation now and then and goes into mini remission.

ANYWAY...

I think I know what you are talking about. It happens to me when I am under extreme stress and usually [though not always] is accompanied by a mood episode of some sort. I get so worked up about something, usually having said something, though occasionally having done something, that I think I actually did say/do it.

More often, when it isn't as bad, I get worked up to the point where I'm afraid that I'm GOING TO do/ say something and not be able to stop myself. Like I'm afraid I'm going to crash the car, scream obscenities, jump a random guy, etc. It's so strange and disconcerting.

I don't know what to do about it, I try to logic my way out of it. Some times it helps, sometimes it doesn't. Jut think about how like it was that I actually did do those things, what would be the consequences, are those consequences actually happening, etc, etc.

I'm sorry you experience this. I know it sucks a lot.

I experience it too & like you AshL, it's been since about the age of 12. I deal with it a lot better now than I used to. The thoughts come, I acknowledge them and that they're not really mine and kind of let them just fade. Like waves passing. Sometimes they're worse than at other times but I think acknowledging that they are not really 'my thoughts' has helped a lot. The sexual thoughts disturb me the worst.

Yes i can relate to this.

I get a lot of intrusive thoughts and clinical obsessions, some of them sexual. Sometimes I have trouble differentiating between reality and the thoughts., Its awful. In CBT I was taught to identify and ignore intrusive thoughts. These skills help somewhat.

Archived