As you can see from my sig., I take a number of different meds + evening primrose oil & an omega 3 w/vit C + D). For the last few days/week, I haven't taken any of the PRNs. A few weeks ago, my pdoc and I tried to lower the lithium & nortriptyline, with poor results (me being batshit crazy- the taper coincided with a difficult life event). So we went back up to 600 mg of the lithium and about two weeks later, 75 mg of the nortriptyline (which is the dose I had been on since January). I had continued on being batshit crazy, so the lithium got increased to 900 at the same time.

In the last few days, since the increases, I have become obsessed with thinking there are bugs on me. I feel them landing on me, jumping on me, crawling on me, biting. I haven't seen any, which is why I am posting. Anyone else get the phantom buggies during a med increase? I've had it in the past during manias and during trials of SSRIs, but not at all when I went on the nortriptyline. Of course the bugs are coming out this time of year, so I see them around, and have gotten bitten by real bugs, which exacerbates my phantom thinking.

Any ideas for how to make this stop? Phantom bug spray? (ha ha-- no, but really) I think the cause might be changing body temperature, with my body hairs moving around... ???

GAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! GETEMOFFGETEMOFFGETEMOFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A med change is likely your answer. Have you called your pdoc about this yet?

Not yet. First I thought it might just actually be bugs, plus it was the holiday weekend. Then I didn't call because it seems so minor, and I feel sorry for my pdoc, having to deal with me & my continuing med issues. I know that's his job, but sheesh, I just want one med change to go smoothly. After seven years, the whole thing is tiresome as hell.

Pssst, if you always have problems with med changes, he's expecting the call. :P

Ha ha! That actually made me laugh a lot... I told that to one of my kids (9), and he said that my poor doctor is sitting by the phone, wringing his hands and staring at the phone. I've been really busy today, and the buggy feeling isn't as bad-- too busy to notice, I suppose. If it comes back again tonight, I will call him tomorrow. I might need to anyway, because I am shaking a lot.

Augh. I feel like the Charlie Brown of med changes.

You poor thing. call pdoc. You do NOT have to suffer.

I am the queen of calling my pdocs, man. They're used to it, haha. I like value for money and excellence, and as far as I'm concerned, if my pdoc isn't going to work with me while I go through med changes, he can go fuck himself. I know how much he makes for my 15 minute appts, so I don't freaking feel guilty at all.

He's good about it, he doesn't care. Tbh, any doc that gives me a bitch fit about a phone call, I get rid of immediately . Just not cool in my opinion.

Anna

(high maintenance, and I like it that way!)

You poor thing. call pdoc. You do NOT have to suffer.

Ah, I kind of feel like I do after all this time. I have so many stupid issues with meds, and have gone through so many, 'round and 'round and 'round, that I'm almost willing to live with anything at this point, as long as my brain is feeling a little better. Which it is, for the first time in like forever. Though I'm kind of dull & slow, my obsessive thoughts are gone, I'm calmer, I'm starting to sleep more than 4 or 5 hours, and just have a feeling of normalcy is so good ("normal" at this point means not wanting to scream and/or cry constantly).

So I'm worried he will lower the lith. or take me off of it. I never thought I would say that I'd rather stay on a med... But my options are limited at this point.

Shit. I guess I have to call him. Maybe he can tell me that I'm just crazy. Ha ha. Maybe it's my thyroid going haywire. Or maybe we just have invisible bugs that only bite on me. That reminds me, we have these teeny tiny flies in the house that like to go up peoples noses. For the longest time, they seemed to go after me the most, prolly 'cause I was sitting staring at walls for months. Anyway, my evil children got going pretending that the flies didn't exist, but that they were making a big show of humoring me, "Yessss, mom, we see the "flies" suuure we do, don't worry! You're not craaaazy!" This was usually after I would be chasing the flies around trying to smack them between by hands, snorting air out of my nose so they wouldn't fly in... I wish it were on tape, actually. They finally 'fessed up. Which is good, because I was feeling really crazy.

OK, going to call my doctor friend-- he's so great, I'm really lucky to have him. He is always willing to take calls, and has even called to check on me when things aren't going well. It's been almost 6 years, and I wouldn't trade him for anyone.

Ha, right after I wrote my last post, I looked down at my leg and a spider was crawling on it. :rolleyes:

I just spoke with my pdoc, and he said that it is possible that this is due to trying to stop the clonazepam-- I had been using it daily, then a few times a week, then once or twice, but he said it might be, even so. Another possibility is that the nortriptyline could be causing some mild tactile hallucinations since we just increased it. Goody, I love hallucinations. And that the lithium is very unlikely to be the cause. Phew. We decided that I would wait it out a bit, and call him next week if it hasn't gone away. He said, "There's no harm in a call, even just to check in." I kind of want to give him a gold medal in Awesomeness. I did give him some banana gingerbread I made last week, and he thanked me for it, saying it was delicious. :loved:

God, I need to stop using emoticons. But the ones at CB are so frickin' cute!

Eeeeeeeeewwwwwwww!

I hate this sensation. I get it loads. But for me it isn't med related because it was actually worse when I was on no meds. Don't know what actually caused it though. I still get it a little occasionally, more if I see a spider or similar I always think it is crawling on me, but nowhere near as much as when they were all crawling under my skin and I thought they were spiders but the telly said they were actually maggots. Sorry that's gross! But I can relate to how you are feeling here.

PS: I'm not actually scared of spiders.

Archived