CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
asdf1234

Periods of delusions- I don't realize they're delusions when I'm like that.

I've been diagnosed of having delusional thinking. I'm always like that, but I go into about hour long periods of extremely delusional thinking every other day or so. I'm concerned that I'm gonna call 911 in self defense or something. It all seems way too real during those periods of time. What's going on? What should I do? I'm scared. :(

More "seasoned" people on here will be able to help you better ,but I think anti psychotics help with delusions.

If you don't have a pdoc, you need one, asap. If you aren't on meds, you need to be on AAP's, asap. Those are the things that will help.

I'd agree with what everyone else has said. The only way to help delusions is meds. I learnt that one the hard way.

If you are already on AP then firstly I'd give it a few weeks to work, then if you have done that and still have a problem you need to go back to your pdoc and let him know you are still having problems. But in my experience, recovery is not easy. Don't expect any plain sailing.

Oh, and the not realising thing, that is part of the disorder. I never recognise my delusions until a long time afterwards. This time period has been greatly reduced also by my meds.

When I am having a psychotic break, people have to tell me I am delusional and I still don't believe them. I believe that I am based in reality. Yes, you need anti psychotics. That is the only way to help with delusional thinking. Also with me, I use distraction techniques to take my attention to other things so I won't be so involved in the delusional or depressive thinking. I use music. That also takes away the voices and thought insertion but to be honest, not totally. I am also scared all the time so I know how you feel. I hope if you have a psychiatrist that you talk to him as soon as possible.

When I am having a psychotic break, people have to tell me I am delusional and I still don't believe them. I believe that I am based in reality. Yes, you need anti psychotics. That is the only way to help with delusional thinking. Also with me, I use distraction techniques to take my attention to other things so I won't be so involved in the delusional or depressive thinking. I use music. That also takes away the voices and thought insertion but to be honest, not totally. I am also scared all the time so I know how you feel. I hope if you have a psychiatrist that you talk to him as soon as possible.

I'm exactly the same. And the music helps me too, but just with the voices. The thoughts come whatever, and that is why I need my meds.

I've been diagnosed of having delusional thinking. I'm always like that, but I go into about hour long periods of extremely delusional thinking every other day or so. I'm concerned that I'm gonna call 911 in self defense or something. It all seems way too real during those periods of time. What's going on? What should I do? I'm scared. :(

I agree - doc & meds ASAP. Have you found that you have called 911 based on dellusions in the past? Because I can tell you that this can lead to legal ramifications unfortunately.

Like everyone said medications will help with delusions and paranoia. I'm the same, and I think most Psychotic people are that when they're having delusions and paranoia states they don't really realize it until the state has passed.

yah I agree with everyone else. You need a doc and meds. ASAP. Whoever diagnosed you should be able to get you a prescription.