CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
charlottehill

What's the worst...?

I'm curious to know, what's the worst situation you've been in due to your MI, and what's the worst due to other's preconceptions. And not least, what you've denied yourself in terms of education and employment opportunities cos you feel you either can't manage or others won't make allowances for your illness.

For me, I gave up a skilled job and the belief in myself as a mom.

I still wonder "what if"...

Mood does not equal problem, but it's hard to see beyond the obvious sometimes...

And you?

1. Unemployed, on the med-go-round, meds failing, get BP dx, doing well, had to get a shitty job because no one would hire me after being unemployed for seven months.

2. Not really affected by preconceptions.

3. Gave up dreams of med school, part due to not being able to do the insane residency and the fact my math skills are at a fifth grade level. Just as well, my husband wasn't keen on the idea. Ended up having a child, doing graduate school right now.

I decidedt that God had given me a mission to be a business woman for Him.

My husband, proud of me, picked up the slack at home.

I wonder how it would have been if I had just seen myself as just a working mom.

The worst position I've been in with my MI was getting arrested and handcuffed in the parking lot of my daughter's school right as school got out because my pdoc's office thought my SI was a serious threat to my life. That sucked on so many levels, both my kids were really affected (normally they are shielded from the serious crazy stuff) and it cost me a lot of money.

I don't work because I am "permanently disabled." I don't think it goes any further than being unemployable due to your MI. But prior to going on disability, I lost three jobs in a year due to my craziness and paranoid and erratic behavior on the job.

Getting involuntarily hospitalized due to a med switch suggested by my doc (which I TOLD him would not work) having my child taken into CPS custody (fortunatley my mom who lives across the street fostered him) and having to go through a year of CPS shit and it taking about a year to reattain stability.

Yes, that fucking sucked.

currently: dealing with SSRI w/d which AGAIN after telling said doctor AGAIN "I don' t think this is a good idea" (new doc, this time, you really have to break them in).

Anna

I'm technically unemployable, but only due to my MI.

Meaning, I could work no prob to a point, and then could "inexplicably" break down.

I don't care, so long as it doesn't disadvantage my kids, but Welcome To The Real World.

I can't help my kids to their potential, and that hurts.

None of this is the worst, but it's pretty damned crappy all the same.

And one thing leads to another, so all I can do is try to stop it anywhere and anyway I can...

Love to all xx