CrazyBoards.org

why would you drop weed for pills?

weed has no negative side effect relatively speaking compared to pills. weed makes you hungry happy and sleepy and it will never kill you or harm you.

pills on the other hand can have horrible side effects, make you shit down your leg, paralyze your limbs, and cause more problems than you had to begin with.

addicted to pot? hmmm. 10 times out of 10 id rather be "addicted to pot" (which i question the possibility of) than be addicted to pills.

Please stop making baseless claims. If you have evidence besides your own paranoia, or some anti-med website, for any of this, please share it with the rest of the class. Otherwise, keep your gullibility to yourself.

youre the one drinking the kool-aid. its called google. use it.

learn and return sister.

You need to stop talking to me, or anybody else here, like that. Now. I'm not your sister.

Here's the thing. You are trying to persuade us of sometthing. Therefore, it's your job to provide evidence of what your saying. Not mine, or anyone else's, If you are unable or unwilling to do so, you need to keep your absurd claims to yourself, or find another forum that appreciates them. No one here does.

If you're looking for scientific info. On google, that might be your problem right there. Try google scholar, or pubmed. You'll find much better info there,, though it won't support your paranoid imaginings the way whatever you've found via google apparently does.

You'd be well advised to stop assuming you know more than anyone else here. I can assure you, you do not. It's not even close.

I was addicted to weed, I was smoking a quarter in one day :o It just made my anxiety worse, so one day a woke up and said enough was enough. And i did not want to live my life like this. If you have got the willpower you will stop, trust me you will get there. Good luck :)

When I was 18 i was sent to an IOP for marijuana use by my probation officer after getting arrested while dealing.. I am and always been a heavy marijuana user and am most definitely dependent on it. If I lose my stash or run out, I will literally cry and throw a temper tantrum. At first I was very oppositional towards treatment, but after having to write and tell my "life story" in treatment, I realized what my life had turned into because of smoking weed. Dealing, prostitution, getting arrested, losing all my friends.... Being so compulsive because of my mental illness made the drug use worse.. my addictive personality made it harder to stop.. I stayed clean for bout 6 months and have back to using worse than ever, but have recently considered using hypnosis to try to stop smoking. It is taking a toll on my health (fainting, lethargic, etc.) and I also know that even though it temporarily relieves my anxiety I get so anxious when I cant have it that it's really bad for my mental health... Consider a good IOP or maybe even try hypnosis - I have heard good things. Good luck

Im currently 20, been smoking every single day since i was 16 years old. Worst is Id smoke out of my 3 foot bong and i'd mix the weed with harsh tobacco, which gives you a head rush like nothing else.

I stopped using so heavily a couple months ago and i feel SOOO much better. the first week off pot is relatively easy. your on this mindset like "yeah! stopping pot! I can do it!"

but then that fades

its the weeks after, you realize how imbalanced you have made yourself.

your mood is really fucked up.

the chemicals in weed act as artificial dopamine and serotonin. They activate your dopamine/serotonin RECEPTORS and the dopamine and serotonin being NATURALLY produced in your brain has no where to go, since the weed has taken care of the job for you. over time, your body LEARNS that it doesn;t need to produce as many of those chemicals anymore because you are satisfying it artificially.

however, on a better note, i feel a hell of alot better now. I still havent completely quit, i smoke about 3 times a week, but ive just been slowly goin uphill for some time now.

you gotta quit. that stuff is bad for you.

it halts your emotional growth and stability.

I smoked it in my early 20's in my 'party days' and one day just up and stopped. I didn't like the anxiety it brought me every time I smoked it. It gave me the worst panic attacks. Anyway... That was a big enough factor to stop. I stopped hanging around the people that smoked it too, and it turns out they all kind of eventually grew out of it anyway. But it was not too difficult once I took the influence away (people, places, removing paraphernalia, etc.). So good luck! Hope it all works out for the best.

I am nearly a month, just over 3 weeks now, with no weed. So proud of myself.

It never gave me panic attacks, it could help alleviate anxiety, irritability, rage, and insomnia, all symptoms connected to my hypomanias. I self medicated for years with weed, ever since I was 14 and now I am 26. I became a very heavy smoker, several times a day, since 18/19. The past five years or so even more heavily.

It can be done. :3 I decided that I was done with the self medicating, and quite frankly I am amazed I have not been triggered into psychosis, I have had some 'mild' psychosis triggered by other drug abuse, and my anxiety can tip back and forth over the line into paranoia (yes, this could have been worsened by the weed, and other drug use in my past.) I consider myself lucky.

Some have to stop entirely and never touch it again for fear of a full relapse into addiction, and if that is what you need to do then go for it. I stopped cold turkey, but like when I quit cigarettes or self harming, I personally allow myself 'slip ups' so long as they are rare, and decreasing in frequency. In my near 30 days without weed, I have had ONE hoot, which for me does not mean I start counting all over again (I find that very discouraging and even detrimental to the mindset I need to stay off.)

Oddly, or perhaps not, my alcohol cravings are going up, it has been a long while since I self medicated with booze (have enjoyed the occasional drink,) but keeping myself off the booze too and Monday I start a new med that really should not be combined with alcohol anyway -- which will hopefully also alleviate the symptoms that are triggering my desire to self medicate.

Good for any of you who have quit, cut back, etc. :3 Huzzah for the positives!

I've been trying to cut back myself. I tried to substitute it with spice...and that scared me back into smoking it. I try not to a lot, one because I became dependant and tolerant. I smoked everyday for a month straight before I realized that my room was a wreck, that I smelled dank, and that I was gaining weight. It was embarassing. The way I quit....was simply not having money for it. It was difficult! To say the least! If you're serious about quitting, NA might not be a bad idea. I had to stop as well because of jobs and the like. I hope things work out for you hon.

I don't have experience quitting marijuana specifically, but I do have some experience quitting drinking. Before I was diagnosed with heart disease and my heart failed, I was a heavy drinker. I drank *something* every night, usually getting drunk at least 3-4 times a week. Looking back, I realize I was self medicating. I had quit cold turkey when I was hospitalized for 10 days, which might have helped me. After the hospital, I was told I could not drink at all. When I got home, my husband was still drinking. It was really hard to sit there and watch him drink (as was our routine) all night. Eventually, I realized I'd have to change my routines - make new routines - DO anything so that I could stop wanting a drink. So I made plans for myself to get out of the house (on a walk, to the park, grocery store) or to do something physically during the time I would have normally been drinking. It helped. I also started taking right(er) medication. After a while, I was more stable and my doctor told me it was ok to have a drink now and then. I do have a drink now and then, and though I still get drunk from time to time, I certainly don't do it every night, or even every month. Of course I have other coping mechanisms that might not be healthy either, but it was just important to me that I stop drinking so much. Best.

ive been a medical cannabis user for 10 years now. it IS legal in my state and ive had a dr RX it for me. so im a bit lost as to why you dont see it as a credible medicine

just my two cents.

I was addicted to pot for many years. If your using it to self medicate, your use is wrong. If your doctor RX you a pot script for a substance that didn't get you high, would you still take it. Having the high is the dangerous part. Abused without a doc's supervision, it simply does not work to cure any mental illness regardless of self perception.

Anecdotally, I see this all the time with certain people in my past and it pains me to watch. I think as a pain killer, you could convince me, but as a mental health drug, you'd have to show me some serious studies...

If you look under 'alternatives' in the treatments section you will see that doctor-prescribed marijuana treatments are considered valid... but yeah I too have to seriously question the wisdom of self medicating with it for mental illness.

I self medicated with pot for my MI for over ten years, two months clean now. :3 I had a relapsing hit a few weeks ago and HOLY CRAP it seems much less innocent and mild to me now haha. I was a very heavy user, just used it to feel normal, and now it messes with me like a powerful psychedelic.

i try to buy a strains with a higher Cannabidiol (CBD) level then a high Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) level. that way i dotn have the psychoactive effects as normal strains have. also, i like to vapor or use medibles when i can, to counteract the smoke..however, recent studys show that the smoke in cannabis does not have anywhere near the hurtful effect that any other inhaled smoke does.

Look, I am not a mod, and I have near-and-dear family who use medical pot for physical pain, but this is the addictions and substance abuse forum. I for one am VERY uncomfortable with you coming in here to preach about smoking it.

I know what you speak of already, have said similar things myself. I definitely considered myself a conniseur (sp?) of marijuana. Seriously, I was speaking of studies about using pot to treat mental illness, or effects on the mentally ill. There is a forum on this very site for speaking about medically prescribed marijuana and other alternative treatments but I definitely don't need to see pro-pot writing in a forum I use for motivation to stay clean.

People get all sorts of addictions, even to legally prescribed medications. I was self medicating and addicted. It could interfere with my meds. I am two months clean and damn proud of it, hugely in part due to support I receive here because almost everyone else in my life uses pot illegally or legally.

I go thru a psychotic break when I smoke weed so that enables me to not smoke it even tho I wished I could I would be where your at right now. I think it's commendable to say you want to quit and as for the NA don't worry what ppl think. This drug can be just as addictive as roxicodone which I was having a hard time getting off but did. So PM anytime if you need advice or just a hand to hold to help you in those times.