CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
Velvet Elvis

Domestic Violence and Abuse;

If I may... here is an article I was linked to recently, it focuses on 'the mystery of loving the abuser,' why that happens, good for both those in an abusive relationship wondering why and for loved ones watching someone go through this sort of relationship. Some practical advice for those loved ones on the outside too.

http://www.mental-health-matters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=167

Thank you for posting this. I was in an abusive relationship for quite sometime. I finally got out of it about a year ago but the feeling that it was my fault had been so ingrained in me that I still catch myself wondering "was it really abuse" reading that reaffirms that it was.

Yes, I do it much less often now, but for quite a few years I'd keep going off on researching obsessions about abuse, searching for in/validation, don't even know. It helped me to remember, and Name it.

So I am glad that is affirming for you. I am glad that you got out, and are engaged in that difficult path of healing and de-programming, such as through reading educational resources.

I think this topic should be pinned to the top of the forum so we can send people there to read the links.

olga

I... isn't it already pinned? Or do you mean so that it stays above the other pinned topics? Or pinned atop the forum as a whole?

I'm giving some thought about the ways in this link are familiar for me.