Out of all the antipsychotics, the ones that made me more sad, and kind of resigned to my illness without motivation to do much, and afraid to drive at times are zyprexa and risperdal. I just feel that I'm in a totally different mood state. I remember being really sad on zyprexa, a melancholy type. Had anhedonia, but maybe i was thinking better and more clearly. and that's the important part, that i was thinking more clearly. I was just wondering if there are others out there that made people subjectively sad, or melancholy besides these two? Luckily i think lamictal is a good choice alongside it, and im glad im no longer taking antidepressants, they made me whacked. I had been in a manic state, in which i crashed in the fall.

Have you tried others? I notice that you are taking Risperdal right now. Can you ask your pdoc to perhaps change your AAP or is that not an option for you?

I take Risperdal (4 mg) and really haven't noticed an effect on my mood though I think it helps me cognitively. I tried Zyprexa years ago, but I was sleeping all the time so I had to give it up. I haven't tried others because Risperdal is all I can afford right now.

Archived