CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
brighton

Tramadol & Mania

It's always good to hear about potential side effects I think. My dad was on Tramadol for a broken leg and wound up addicted to it. I know y'all are saying mild opiate, but for him it was highly addictive. When he died, we found bottles and bottles of it stashed all over the place. Never imagined he'd get addicted to it--but then he'd been an alcoholic all his life so it was probably another addictive thing for him....

Hi Takeachillpill   ?  I was actually just prescribed a few Tramadol for dental pain when I was getting all my root canal fillings done - so I stumbled upon them by complete accident. I was buying on the black market for a bit but then thought this is silly so I told the doc and get a proper prescription for them, which obviously saves me lots of time and money lol GP says it's still all a complete mystery so my suggestions are just as worth trying as his lol

Hi Wilesoph, basically I've been using Tramadol only during episodes ; so both for the upside and the down. Yh I try and blast it  hard and as heavy quick as I  think it's coming. My periods of time on an even keel - 'normal life not being too bipolar' lol I don't take it. 

Hi brokendishes, am sad to hear about your dad. Yes agreed, sadly to many things around us have that potential to be addicting and destructive to us. I know how vicious alcohol dependence is and it has to be one of the cruellest addictions I've ever witnessed. Especially cruel for the families. So really I wish u well and hope you're finding some sunshine m8!

Brokendishes, Tramadol is considered addictive, but not very. It's too bad your dad fell on the wrong side of that equation. I've used it for pain for me and my dogs, and it's a good pain killer. Have you been able to use it, or are you avoiding it?