CrazyBoards.org

I am freaked out. I am all alone. I heard music playing plain as day. I thought it must be my phone ringing (which has a song as a ring tone). It wasn't. My phone did not have any missed calls. Please I don't want to go through this again. I am not telling my case managers. I don't want a med change. I don't want clozaril. It's too scary. I don't even want zyprexa. I am getting so fat. It's just all th is stress I'm under. That's all. I heard music playing this morning too. Thought it must be my alarm going off early, but it wasn't.

The cat is annoying me. Keeps clawing my new pants. Even though I scold her and tell her not to. Oh well. I would never hurt her.

Guest Recluse

Most of my hallucinations are auditory also, anything from people talking to music to every-day noises like the doorbell or the garage door opening. My pDoc prescribed a small dose of Abilify for it, and although it hasn't eliminated it completely, it has dulled them somewhat. I suspect that a larger dose will help in my case, and I urge you to talk to your case worker about it, despite your misgivings.

I know how irritating and downright scary it can be, but you don't have to tolerate it.

If I were you, I wouldn't panic just yet. Give it a little time. If it doesn't clear up, I think you are going to have to tell your pdoc and case manager. You need to take care of yourself and get the help you need. Don't let things get out of control.

Guest Vapourware

I'm sorry that you are hearing things, it's not pleasant. I do urge you to talk to your case manager and doctor about this. The longer you leave it, the more intrusive these symptoms will get. You have to nip them in the bud.

I know clozapine sounds scary but it is also one of, if not the best, drug out there for schizophrenia symptoms. You may find that it is the drug that helps you with your symptoms and allows you to work on more stability. You haven't been stable for a while and personally I wouldn't want to see you lurch into another crisis again.

Realistically, can you withdraw from the stressful circumstances? Hearing music could just be a stress-induced symptom flare-up that doesn't have to turn into a big drama (I'm hoping for you) If you can withdraw you might see if it goes away on its own. And if it does, then maybe you don't have to tell your case mgr. Hearing a little music playing does not have to be a big deal, _IF_ that's as far as it goes, just music, and if it goes away. But _IF_ it won't go away or it is a sign that bigger problems are approaching, then a little med tweak can make the difference between a bump in the road and a train wreck. In that case let your docs know.

On the other hand there's the argument that psychosis, even simple music, is itself brain damage in progress, then in that case you've got to tell your pdoc asap, as unpleasant as that is

With your history, hearing music most likely is a hallucination, but it is more commonly a symptom of Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. It's probably important that you talk to your pdoc about it in that context. He may want to review your meds and/or have you to see a neurologist.

ETA: I see you are on Topamax, so TLE seems a little less likely. Topa is a TLE med.

Well, it got worse right when I was brushing my teeth before bed. I heard someone call my name repeatedly and I just freaked out with fear. I grabbed a knife from the kitchen and ran around the apartment (which was dark except for one nightlight (I was getting ready for bed, but leaving the nightlight on for my husband who was at a friend's house). I found no one but was really scared. I put the knife back and cried myself to sleep. Which didn't take long because the zyprexa really puts me to sleep quite quickly. I even opened the door to the hallway of our apartment complex with the knife in my hand ready to expect some criminal or rapist outside my door calling my name. But no one was in the hallway. Luckily I fell asleep.

I met with one of my case managers today and told her about the music and the hearing of someone calling my name. She agreed that it is probably stress related. I told her I didn't want a med change. And she said she agreed and that I should use coping skills and we can wait and see if it gets any worse or if it improves. So that went better than I thought it would.

But I also found out that she is leaving the human service center to go to a private hospital to work there. So for now (I am assuming until they hire another case manager for the team) I will only meet with my one case manager ever Tuesday like normal. And she also ran a group that I was in, so that may be on hiatus as well. So my days may be long and dull. And plus I need that extra support. I was meeting with two different case managers a week and going to group twice a week. Now I will be meeting with my case manager once a week and only going to group once a week. So we'll see what happens I guess.

I hear music, and birds, and like tv's in the background. Doesnt bother me enough to change my meds. I hate the sideeffects. My only time it bothers me is when the birds are too loud, then i have to blast music. Id say dont freak out yet, wait it out if you hate switching meds too.

Archived