CrazyBoards.org

seroquel xr making me too sedated

currently im taking 150mg of seroquel xr and 20mg of geodon to combat my obsessive worrying and mood swings and its working well but im sleeping 12 to 14 hours a day and its threatening to derail arriving on time to my job. my doc is hesistant to change meds bc my mood is stabilized but next time i visit im going to ask him to try zyprexa zydis to replace the seroquel xr(i tried ir but it knocked me out even worse). i tried abilify in the past but it made me even more out of control so i dont want to try that.

i was wondering if anyone has had experience with zyprexa zydis and wether or not they find it less sedating than seroquel/whether or not its as effective in their experience

For me, the zyprexa (I didn't take zydis) didn't make me sleep more. I can stay up late, but it's hard for me to get up in the morning before 8:30. But I don't like staying up really late (makes the days too long for me, cause I don't work) so I go to bed normally between 10-11. Except lately, lol.

Seroquel made me sleep like 15 hours a day.

When my pdoc first suggested Seroquel for me, I was worried about the sedating effect I had read about. He put me on the Immediate Release Seroquel instead of the Seroquel xr and I think that made the difference for me. I take it about 10 hours before I want to be up in the morning and it doesn't kick my butt like all the stories I've read. I'm still able to wake up in the middle of the night if Hubs gets a call and I need to be in charge of any little people who need me in the middle of the night. I also haven't felt too groggy in the mornings either. I've found that if I get my butt moving in the morning instead of rolling over and going back to sleep, I fair better too. Maybe you could ask your pdoc about Immediate Release instead of the extended?? Just a thought.

Zyprexa Zydis was much less sedating than Seroquel for me. Zyprexa didn't make me fall asleep. I was taking a very low dose though... Only 5mg. It does get better with Seroquel. At first I was taking it right after dinner and sleeping nearly 12 hours (have to get up 6.30 for work), but now I take it at around 9 and go to sleep a few hours later. I don't really find it hard to get up either. Without Seroquel I wouldn't sleep enough so it would be very hard to get up. If you've just started it, I would try to take it early enough that when it kicks in you have 12-14 hours before you need to get up. As your body gets used to it you won't need as much sleep.

Archived