CrazyBoards.org

Hi I'm Jamie

Hi all, I'm from Oregon and I'm 22. I have an awesome husband and we have a beautiful 3 month old daughter. I have two cats and one dog.

Enough bullshit. Those are real facts but if that was my entire life I'd be off frolicking and not in bed...again..wondering how I'm going to get out of the rut I'm in. I'm bipolar, not sure what category I fall into and I have OCD. I was diagnosed with those when I was 12.

When I was 5 days away from my due date with my daughter my blood pressure spiked, I went into a seizure and had about 3 total.. Had an emergency csection that night. Ever since then I've been worse. My life was great I woke up to a beautiful and healthy little girl, we seemed to be ok... Then I snapped a little. Found my husband doing something I didn't approve of and it's like I blacked out, I had him knocked down and was beating the shit out of him.. Later that day I was committed. I stayed for a couple days and we reconciled when I was released.

Since then I've been having to go through all these tests because I have small seizures if I get worked up and I haven't been able to go back to work yet because of it... My husband got fired from his job...we lost health insurance...everything. I have to stop taking all of my meds that not only keep be from insanity but keep the seizures away too.

Everything was stopped cold turkey. I have no refills and I can't pay out of pocket... Here's what I used to take:

Lamictal 150mg Tegretol 200mg Valium 40 mg.

Please wish me luck. I have no strings to pull, I have nothing and no one to help me. Thanks,

Jamie

Welcome aboard!

I take Tegretol (carbamazepine), and I know that it is on the $4 list at several major retailers. Also, if you are still in danger of having seizures, I have to say that 200 mg of Tegretol is quite low. I take 800 mg, and I don't have a seizure disorder. Tegretol is also used for treating bipolar. I'm not BP, but it has helped with my depression. In fact, I can say that it saved my life on several occasions.

Lamictal is more difficult. It is expensive even in generic. If you search around (call different pharmacies, don't forget the small mom-and-pops), you can find it cheaper. I pay $35 for sixty 200 mg tablets (manufacturer TARO) at a small neighborhood pharmacy.

About Valium, I really don't have any idea.

I hope this helps.

My Valium should only cost around $18 a month, or that's what the little bag says my insurance has saved me. I only take 30mg though.

I agree with trying to look into patient assistance programs. It sounds like you need to be managing your symptoms.

Welcome to CB! :)

Thank you, I might look into the lamictal options because I hated the Tegretol, it knocked me on my ass and I can't afford to be sleeping all day I'm a new mom! So far so good today...no meds but I do have a killer migraine. I'm trying to lay low and not ask for trouble today.

About Valium, I really don't have any idea.

Valium should be dirt cheap.

Several free or reduced programs for Tegretol:

http://www.needymeds.org/drug_list.taf?_function=name&name=Tegretol

The same for Lamictal:

http://www.needymeds.org/drug_list.taf?_function=name&name=Lamictal

The same for Valium:

http://www.needymeds.org/drug_list.taf?_function=name&name=Valium

nf

Thank you so much for all your help, I really do appreciate it. The last two days of no meds have been hell, I have to stay calm so I don't seize so naturally my husband and I are fighting really bad. I'm going to venture to the thread where you can talk about your marriage now.

• 3 years later...