CrazyBoards.org

could anxiety be causing me to jump from one activity to the next?

i can't focus on anything, my reading has improved as i don't space out as much since the klonopin is taken three times a day instead of two, but i only read something for like 20 min then i might jump to another book, then another, and another.. same applies to all other activities i get involved in. should i eliminate caffeine entirely? i drink like a cup every morning. my doc has repeatedly said and suggested that most of my symptoms stem from anxiety. anxiety all over the place, mostly mental, dissociation, obsessiveness (but has gotten better), socially, generally... but i wonder if this is something else.. maybe it is the coffee.. maybe the abilify?

I know what you are going through because I'm going through the exact same thing despite being on Ritalin to help me focus. I seriously doubt that it is the Abilify because I've been bothered by this long before I took any AAP. Somehow I don't think it's the coffee unless you are drinking so much that your anxiety shoots through the roof. I do think your pdoc is correct that it is anxiety, but I haven't been able to get a handle on it yet myself.

when i'm anxious it's hard to focus and i think maybe the fact that klonopin helped kind of points you in that direction.

i'd work on mindfulness exercises and some other things, maybe in therapy to help with this too.

i don't worry too much about caffeine and i think a cup a day is really not that big a deal. but then, eh, you may find dropping it helps you. how much, i'm unsure. ere you could try it.

but i think hanging in there and working on this in therapy would also be effective.

abilify makes me jumpy though, is it a new med for you?

Anna

sorry yall, not klonopin, ativan. :P

to the last reply: iv taken abilify before so no, not new, it's hard to say whether i had anxiety/jumpiness the first time around, akathisia yea.. jumpiness/anxiety.. dunno

mindfulness and breathing exercises would be very helpful, i just keep procrastinating

Archived