CrazyBoards.org

Tired, unfocused, little motivation

What to do?

I have always lacked motivation, and focus. I've alwYs liked to sleep. Since I started this combo of meds it has gotten worse. Hell I still have not filed my taxes this year.

I take 60 mg cymbalta, 1800mg trileptal, 200mg Toprol xr, 5mg Norvask and 20mg adderall xr twice a day. I only feel like I can function after my 2nd dose of adderall at 1pm. I feel like I am falling behind in every aspect of my life. I was thinking of asking to up my morning dose of adderall to 30mg and keep the 20mg for afternoon. I suspect the med combo I'm on cuts the effects of adderall significantly. I have no side effect from the adderall, no weight loss, no dizziness, no euphoria and no jitters. Just feel a little better after the second dose.

I take the same amts of Toprol and Norvasc. Both have fatigue and tiredness, respectively, listed in their PI sheets as side effects. I think they are part of what's sedating me. Clonidine is the worst. Hydrolazine, shrug, not sure. I hate my bp meds more than my psych pills now, tbh. I'm not sure about your psych meds but I guess they could be contributing, too.Your underlying psych disorder could be a factor as well.

I have heard that the Toprol dose is pretty high but online Ive read one can take up to 400mg so I'm not sure. I see my dr next month and will discuss it again. I think the blood pressure drugs have cause weight gain but my GP dr says it is unlikely. I have found evidence online to contradict her.

Your underlying psych disorder could be a factor as well.

That is something to consider as well.

If that is the case hypothetical what MIGHT my dr suggest? Is their anything I could suggest to him? Previously I was considering asking him to up my Adderrall morning dose.

You also need to look at the Cymbalta in all this. I was sleeping 10 hours a night on 60mg of Cymbalta, and still wanted a nap in the afternoon. I know it doesn't have that effect on everyone, but after 6 months on it, I felt like I was slogging through molasses. It helped lift my depression, but I couldn't take the fatigue and lack of motivation.

olga

You also need to look at the Cymbalta in all this. I was sleeping 10 hours a night on 60mg of Cymbalta, and still wanted a nap in the afternoon. I know it doesn't have that effect on everyone, but after 6 months on it, I felt like I was slogging through molasses. It helped lift my depression, but I couldn't take the fatigue and lack of motivation.

olga

I have thought that could be part of it and instead Of taking it in the morning I have been pushing it back slowly. I want to try taking it after dinner to see if that helps with the fatigue. If that is no help maybe cutting the dose will, I will ask my dr at the next appt.

Archived