CrazyBoards.org

Difficulty remembering / dreams / psychosis?

I've been having an odd "symptom" lately.

When I dream, I am dreaming about memories from the previous day, except they are warped

and mostly negative. For instance, a conversation may be changed to something negative and

when I wake up from the dream, I will think that that is what really happened. It's hard to deal with

because I'm having a very hard time separating the dream from the actual occurrence... it's causing

me distress because I'm having anger towards people for things that they said in my dream...

I take Vistaril 25mg for sleep and 100mg Zoloft... is this a symptom, maybe? Or a symptom

of my depression/PTSD/psychosis?...

Personally I would definitely bring this up with your pdoc. It is obviously worrying you.

I used to have something similar (if I understood you correctly) before I went on my meds. I would dream something in the night, and the next day that would influence my reality. For example I would dream about my parents and then the next day (and this would continue) I would believe that my parents are spying on me. For obvious reasons I found this very distressing. And I am glad that I do not dream as much since starting on my meds.

I used to have something similar. I developed false memories, though I still don't know if I dreamt them or if my brain just tried to get freaky with me.

http://www.crazyboards.org/forums/index.php/topic/31444-insomnia-difficulties-telling-dream-from-reality-memory-problem/

In my case, it was related to my psychosis, but I don't know if that's the case for you. Sleeping meds can do really strange things to your dreams too, so it doesn't need to be MI related. Still, it is worrying to you, so you should talk to your pdoc. Maybe he / she can offer some insight.

I have sometimes false memories from dreams I've had it's a very fine line at times between the two. when I took temazepam for a while it was better but now they changed me to ambien and it's a bit worse/more frequent...I really think it's natural though as it's happened to me in the years before medication :)

Archived