CrazyBoards.org

Lithium and Seroquel -- maximum levels?

I'm doing research for a book I'm writing and I need to know the maximum levels of these drugs (not therapeutic but dosage) so ex. ____ mg for lithium. I'm writing right now but I thought it would be easier to just post here and check later. :P (Yeah, I'm lazy). If you know some other drugs for Bipolar maximum level offhand, be my guest and list them...

(It's for a character with a very bad case of Bipolar I with psychotic symptoms, not sure if I am going to make him Schizoaffective yet though). :/

I'm no expert, and maybe someone will correct me, but I think lithium doesn't have a maximum dose. Lithium dosing is done by measuring its level in the blood. Some people will require less, some people more. It depends on the individual.

If you want people to do your homework, scroll down the front forum page. On the right less than half way down is the tip jar. Make a deposit.

Google 'Prescribing Information Seroquel or Lithium." And yes, Lithium is by serum level, not milligrams.

400 mg of Lamictal is an amount given in reference to BP people. My husband uses it for seizures, and takes more than that. Significantly more.

It sounds like it is going to be an excellent book, since you are working so very hard on it. And learning about medications from strangers on the internet is also a really good idea, if you want to be as accurate as possible.

Archived