CrazyBoards.org

Where have you been all my life?

I've never even thought to look for a site like this before now (I only found this one because I was looking for insomnia cures). But yeah, its pretty great to once and awhile realize that I'm not the only person like me out there. Sometimes I feel like the craziest, most damaged selfish lazy asshole on earth, because so far as I know nobody in my life as any kind of psychiatric problem of note, and especially with my parents, they REALLY don't get me, or the illness, so like (I'm 27 by the way) my Dad will get angry with me for having insomnia, like I do it on purpose, and yell at me when I'm in full blown panic mode after 50 hours without sleep, because he thinks its just a lack of self-discipline on my part. (sorry, end rant.)

Anyhows, I'm Allie, I'm a graphic designer, I have a Sherlock Holmes tattoo, I'm an urban explorer/photographer in my spare time, and I have bipolar II, GAD, fibromyalgia, ADD, and some kind of crazy undiagnosed sleep disorder. I take neurontin, lyrica, klonopin,adderall (not when I can't sleep) and I've taken a whole slew of mood stabilizers/antidepressants, none of which have worked, and most of which have made me feel horrific (lamictal and doxepin both landed me in the hospital), so I'm still trying to find an antidepressant, which I think would help my sleep problems, although the neurontin and lyrica do a pretty good job controling my mood.

Its so good to have a place to talk about this stuff where I don't feel like I'm *imposing* on someone.

Guest Vapourware

Welcome to the boards. Yes, I remember when I first came across CB, I felt a similar relief at finding a place where I could just let all my crazy hang, and people understood.

Remember to have a read of the rules, and feel free to PM a staff member if you have any questions.

Archived