CrazyBoards.org

What is the maximum dosage for Risperidone?

This is a Prescribing Information sheet. You are usually given something like it when you pick up prescriptions. Section 2 usually covers dosing. It is a credible source of info. What people say on a crazy website is not. If your book is to be worth anything, start doing some real research instead of this lazy ass attempt at getting info word of mouth.

Reviewing the Anticonvulsant and Antipsychotic boards can give you ideas on med names. Google the name followed by Prescribing Information. Look up section 2. Learn to read the whole doc. There is a lot of info in it. Some that might be valuable for a story.

Crazyboards is not the definitive source of anything, and it is not intended to be your shortcut to actual research. It's also not proving very useful. A 1000 mg of Lithium is meaningless and 16mg of Risperdal is not a bipolar dose.

Stacia

You are a moderator for this website?

I'm surprised because that post was incredibly immature. I am doing good research for my novel... I am currently (carefully) reading the Josh Hopkins second edition press book on the illness of which I'm half way through, and I think asking questions is part of that and there is nothing wrong with that. I won't answer this again... (not that you have stopped me from posting on the site) but I think you should clearly think through what I have done wrong to deserve that tone of reply.

Cheers...

You are a moderator for this website?

I'm surprised because that post was incredibly immature. I am doing good research for my novel... I am currently (carefully) reading the Josh Hopkins second edition press book on the illness of which I'm half way through, and I think asking questions is part of that and there is nothing wrong with that. I won't answer this again... (not that you have stopped me from posting on the site) but I think you should clearly think through what I have done wrong to deserve that tone of reply.

Cheers...

So, are you here seking information about your on illness. As you've said in some threads, or doing research for a novel? Again, please clarify. If it's research you're doing you approach is deceptive and exploitative, your attitude entitled and dickish.

Both. The only reason I even know what 'Schizoaffective' or even the difference between 'Bipolar I and II' is (namely hypomania) along with other things like neurotransmitters serotonin, dopamine, norapinephrine... re-uptake inhibitors, typical antipsycotics (older) atypical antipsycotics (considered betterand newer) along with the controversy of ani-depressants... (which I'm finding SO much different information on). They seem accepted in the Josh Hopkins press book but completely disgraced on other sites like this...

http://www.psycheduc...chor-What-54356

Because of the research I’m doing for my novel I discovered I might actually have schizoaffective disorder. (Yes, I have Bipolar but I never really looked it up until recently). That is a brief summary of what I know, and I understand I'm still learning). I can remember some of my doctors reactions reactions when I glazed over certain symptoms (completely unknowingly and that's all the question on Schizoaffective was about).

And my most recent question was true, I am dating someone with Bipolar.

And I'm a girl...

You would never have looked all of this up? Yet you're expecting us to do your research for you? Or to allow you to benefit from research we've already done? Seriously? That is not so much what we're here for.

Both. The only reason I even know what 'Schizoaffective' or even the difference between 'Bipolar I and II' is (namely hypomania) along with other things like neurotransmitters serotonin, dopamine, norapinephrine... re-uptake inhibitors, typical antipsycotics (older) atypical antipsycotics (considered betterand newer) along with the controversy of ani-depressants... (which I'm finding SO much different information on). They seem accepted in the Josh Hopkins press book but completely disgraced on other sites like this...

http://www.psycheduc...chor-What-54356

Because of the research I’m doing for my novel I discovered I might actually have schizoaffective disorder. (Yes, I have Bipolar but I never really looked it up until recently). That is a brief summary of what I know, and I understand I'm still learning). I can remember some of my doctors reactions reactions when I glazed over certain symptoms (completely unknowingly and that's all the question on Schizoaffective was about).

And my most recent question was true, I am dating someone with Bipolar.

And I'm a girl...

I'm not sure if this applies, but there are rules on using the site for research

http://www.crazyboards.org/forums/index.php/topic/33965-research-recruitment-policy/

Slightly off topic...

[...] I am doing good research for my novel... I am currently (carefully) reading the Josh Hopkins second edition press book on the illness of which I'm half way through [...]

[...] They seem accepted in the Josh Hopkins press book but completely disgraced on other sites [...]

Isn't Josh Hopkins an actor? I would think that his personal views on Bipolar Disorder would be pretty irrelevant...

I'm a writer and I think this is the most awkward research adventure I've ever heard of. And are you shitting me, Josh Hopkins?

On a side note, I don't know what posting rules are, but as a user, I feel extremely uncomfortable with someone doing whatever it is monkey pills is doing, cause I sure as hell won't call it research.

Archived