CrazyBoards.org

So I went to my pdoc for the first time last week and I got a new script for Topamax. The strength is only 25mg, but I'm confused about how much to take. He didn't specifically tell me how much to take, he just said to take it in the morning. When I got the script filled it says "Take 1-4 tablets orally every morning." ..... 1-4? Like, I can just choose how much I feel like taking? I don't like that. I don't know how much I'm supposed to take and why. There are 125 pills in the script and I can get it filled once before next month. What's your daily dosage? Should I just call him? I'd really prefer to not just wing it..

Thanks.

Yeah, I'd start at 25 mgs and go up slowly from there. It took me months to get to 200mgs.

Velvet, do you get problems with the tingles? I still get them in my hands/fingers and feet, especially if I've been quite active :(

Yeah, I'd start at 25 mgs and go up slowly from there. It took me months to get to 200mgs.

Velvet, do you get problems with the tingles? I still get them in my hands/fingers and feet, especially if I've been quite active :(

A little bit. I never put it together with the topamax before though.

A little bit. I never put it together with the topamax before though.

From what I've found via Google, it's a fairly common side-effect, I was hoping it would ease, but it doesn't seem to be going away... it got worse when I titirated the dose, as did my nightmares funnily enough (nightmares are one of the main reasons I'm on Topamax) so dose was reduced again, but tingles are sticking around. Ugh.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived