CrazyBoards.org

I have the solution. it only takes a bit of concentration. Be in a quiet room to start off with. simply concentrate on listening. Just listen to any sound that can be heard around u. Such as a fish tank or a fan. suddenly u can hear everything clearer then before right? Its going to take some time before u can hold this clearness. When u can hold it for a long time, when you have mastered this, you can start adding other things such as seeing things clearer. Focus on things around u until it vision seems clearer, practice doing this while watching a movie. practice doing this as often as possible. the other thing u need to do is talk. have a conversation. if u find yourself sthinking of things to say during the convo but never saging it outloud, say it outloud. even if it seems a little late in the convo to say it, say it anyway. do this during all social interactions, listen, watch, speak. when they stop talking, listen to ur surroundings. and practice being the first to pick up the convo again.

Guest Vapourware

a) Do you know what thought broadcasting is?

b) Do you have any experience in psychotic disorders?

c) What proof do you have that this method works?

Speaking as someone who has experienced thought broadcasting and used a similar coping strategy to what you mention, I have to say that for me it did not get rid of the problem. In fact the only thing that has helped is going on meds and being better able to reality check myself.

Before the meds, I did used to try and focus completely on my music but that was so that the other people around me could only know what music I was listening to rather than what I was thinking. But I was experiencing also other symptoms (mainly thought control) that meant my strategy was useless. And it didn't change how I felt. I was still convinced that the people around me could hear my thoughts and it still caused as much distress.

It did me far more good to be on meds and know that my thought broadcasting was a delusion. I still sometimes have this difficulty, but I am now more able to reality check myself so it does not bother me as much.

I do know what thought.broadcasting from personal experience.

I have experienced social anxiety disorder, agoraphobia, hallucinations, obsessive thoughts, random thoughts, extreme paranoia, ocd,

Delusions, panic, manic depression, symptoms of a.d.d, i mean you name it.

It works for me however i realize today i can't always can't get to that controlled spot. Its not as easy as i thought..perhaps i should take it a step back. Meditation. Dedicate some time as often as u can to focus on one thing for as long as possible.

I find that sound frequencies found on YouTube is sometimes helpful. And it does take time u can't stop when u don't see results u have to do it until u see results and do it more after that.

Guest Vapourware

Were you diagnosed by a doctor?

I think there are ways of coping with the symptoms of thought broadcasting, but ultimately they are just coping strategies and not solutions - including the original post. The best way of stopping thought broadcasting is to take medication.

The OP sounds like she might be referring to something caused by anxiety for which calming exercises and meditation may resolve the experience. Thought broadcasting brought on by psychosis, nah, medication is the only solution that I'm familiar.

II'm not.sure why you all doubt that i have had and occasional still do "thought broadcast" so maybe if i describe it for you will stop doubting and complicating. I'm in a room of people. i try not to look at others as much as i can to avoid thinking something rude, hurtful or disgusting. but this never works and i notice something and think outloud in my head. i then believe that i must have sent my thought out or said it outloud. i am so convinced that any gesture or comment from someone makes me think what they said or did had to do with what i thought. it doesn't always happen right away but at some point i connect what someone says or does with what i had thought out loud. sometimes i think i broadcast thru music, tv, radio. other times i think i sent an image or a smell.

People aren't saying you don't experience thought broadcasting of some sort. Since there is no belief that your solution works, there is a question as to what the source problem is causing the thought broadcasting. Anxiety could possibly explain it. Either that or it's possibly that you are delusional and should be on your meds.

Thought broadcasting is not real. It is a delusion; a symptom of your illness.

The best way to stop this symptom is by taking medication as prescribed by your psychiatrist.

We understand how upsetting it is. Call your pdoc and let him know what is going on.

Best, a.m.

Archived