CrazyBoards.org

depression forever and ever

The only thing I have is depression and slight paranoia, this is absolutly the longest I have cycle down this far and this long, all though I feel stable but I feel feel like I am living in some sort unrealistic state like this is not me or something like thabut I am scared what will happen when I come out of this gloom..

Have you talked to your pdoc lately and told him/her this? By looking at your meds, you have a lot of room to increase both the Seroquel and the Effexor because both are at suboptimal doses for depression. Pdocs only know what's going on if you really open up to them and tell them how you are feeling. Make an appointment and go in to see your pdoc, and you will be feeling better.

Good luck

Tell him exactly that. What was your last lithium level? Depending on that, it might make sense to consider increasing it. Your effexor dosage is really low, so I'd think increasing it would definitely be something to discuss with him. Or there's also the possibility of increasing your seroquel, which is so low I'm guessing at this point it's mostly a sleep aid?

my pdoc left my seroquel alone and instead increased my effexor 150 mg daily and he also told that deplin was about to go generic and my wife is locked on that stuff , saying she could tell a difference when I took it but my insurance doesnt cover it I hope it goes generic so I can take it and shut her up about it but honestly i didnt and couldnt tell a difference thanks fo the help!!!

• 3 months later...

I have been on Deplin 7.5 mg for about 6 months. I asked my doctor to switch me from Effexor ER to Cymbalta about 7 months ago. I switched because Cymbalta had the ability to possibly help me with my Fibromyalgia. After a month I up my dosage of Cymbalta because it wasn't helping with either. I then read a web news release about this new drug that helped the effectiveness of depression. I gave it shot thinking that if it helped the Cymbalta treat my depression/anxiety I might also get some help with the fibro. It took about a month and I have been on it ever since...happy as a clam with only marginal muscle aches and pains. If the Cymbalta folks don't combine Deplin into one pill they are missing a golden opportunity.

It can be costly because insurance doesn't usually cover it. if you go to the Deplin site, they provide links to Mail Order companies. i think I paid $45 for 30 days of 7.5 mg.

Archived