CrazyBoards.org

I am currently on 450 mg of lamictal and 300 mg of wellbutriN + klonopin as needed. Been having more depression symptoms than usual(it never stops) so Pdoc has rasies my wellbutrin to 400 mg and added 5 mg of Abilify.

Anyone had any experiences with this combo/ I am worried most about the weight gain. I can handle the drooling,lol

Any thoughts?

I've never been on that combo. I did a low dose of Abilify for quite awhile, and it worked just fine until after I had my child - then I needed something else. I didn't really gain on Abilify until I went up in dose. Most people actually don't gain that much on it - a drug rep told me average is five pounds. Hopefully you'll be fine on it. Definitely worth giving it a shot.

I haven't gained any weight from Abilify at all.

Maybe it's made it harder to lose, but I don't really care about that.

Note that notfred & I are both on stimulants, however, so our "non-weight gain" opinions may be atypical.

I managed to gain weight last time I was on dexadrine ! It took several months but my appetite is back full force. I have been taking the Welly, Abilify, and Lamictal combo for some years but the Vyvanse only recently.

I'm diabetic and my sugar has actually improved a little bit over the time I have been on Abilify. Not that the Abilify is improving my sugar levels, just that Abilify is not raising it.

nf

I'm not on any AD's but swapping out risperdal and adding abilify sure did a good job of whacking my depression, Also, my appetite dropped quite a bit.

I am, at this point, heh...at 1 mg/day. Will talk about jumping that up at my next appointment, I'd like a bit more effect (the last time I was on it I went up to 30 mg before we dropped it).

Archived