CrazyBoards.org

Hi, I'm Nicole.

I've been kicking about on the forums for a while, sort of "stealing" help from other topics, and only posting very occasionally. I've become more active recently, so I figured I'd say hi.

Name: Nicole

Diagnosis: Depression, Anxiety, OCD, Insomnia, Migraines

Working diagnosis: Avoidant Personality Disorder, possibly dissociative disorder of some kind, EDNOS

So, yeah, hi.

I'm not one of the worst cases out there, I guess. I mean, I'm functional: I'm 18, just finished my first year at uni with a 2.1... In fact, I was one of the youngest in my year. I have some family issues (a pretty disfunctional family, really), but we manage. I'm in a long-term relationship... I guess I'm coping.

My problem is that it seems to be getting worse. I've started trying to get help, and I'm struggling with that. Also, nothing seems to really be working. This just ends in me getting more worked up and making myself even worse. I want to have some kind of a future, and I want my life to go somewhere, because I know I have quite a lot going for me. So I've decided to get help.

I'm here to get advice, because to be honest my doctor is crap and I've had a bad history with therapy. So, yeah. I generall just tend to ask questions and stuff about how to bring things up to my doctor. I just want to keep my treatment on track.

Also, I hope that in the course of this I might manage to help someone else.

So, yeah.

Hi everyone!

x

N

Hi and welcome to CB.

I'm sorry that none of your meds are working, but I understand it completely. My advice as to what to bring up to your pdoc is pretty much what you said here. Emphasize that you are feeling bad and that your meds are not working. I mean really emphasize because doctors are often deaf and need to be yelled at (well, not really, but you get what I mean).

Welcome to Crazyboards! We have other members from the UK who may be able to give you advice about negotiating the system in your country. I'm glad you found us and joined. Let us know if you need help with anything.

olga

Yes, they are deaf. Just knowing that others have the same experience with doctors makes me feel a bit better. =)

I don't know if this is a thing with the NHS, but it took me over 2 years of repeatedly telling doctors that the AD that I used to be on was doing nothing for me (apart from making me hallucinate, which massively increased my anxiety) before there was any suggestion that I could come off it.

It has taken me years to even get a diagnosis that fits my symptoms.

But I hope that you can find a pdoc (and also a tdoc) who you can work with, and some meds that actually help you.

Archived