CrazyBoards.org

new guy here,

hello everyone, I finnaly joined the site after being a lurker for some time now. this is a pretty cool forum, not unlike some others ive been reading. So a little about me, Im a 28 year old single dad, raising an 8 year old boy all by myself. Im depressed as shit! I live in fucking Alabama! I grew up on the beaches of florida and all my family lives there, except for my dumb ass. I have a good job with a power company and make about 65k a year. I dont like the work i do but it pays well and im afraid to give it up. I have had depression and axiety since i was 16. so for 12 years I have been on anti depressants. lets see. paxil was first, lexapro, zoloft remeron, wellbutrion,luvox, klonopin,prozac, parnate, ect. I wouldnt say my depression is really sevear,but it does keep me down in the dumps and low of energy, with apathy and anhedonia. life just sucks big time. well right now im on aplenza 172mg. been on it for 2 weeks now and the axiety its giving me is insane! when does the anxiety go away? 4 weeks?6? Is this increased anxiety just start up side effects or what? well if it doesnt go away soon im gonna find something else to take, plus it gives my back acne! wtf! I also have a sample pack of the new viibyrd ssri. but i do hate ssris. my libido is already low and i fucking hate insomnia. shit im 28, in great shape, very handsome, why the fuck do i have to be so fucked up!!!! lol ok well, thats me in a nut shell guys, im looking foward to being a part of crazyboards!

Will~

Not to sound cliche but have you tried working out?? It ALWAYS helps me feel better

I havent been able to get my motivation back since the depression hit hard this year. I can barley get out of bed, but yea it does make me feel better when i work out. just not good enough.

welcome to cb

being a single parent is really hard mi is difficult enough on its own! im a single parent as well and all i can keep doing is saying "the boys need me" and i get up and barally make it thru.

but hey welcome here great group of people to bounce things off of. im new as well and have learned alot

"sicki"

Hi, welcome aboard CB!

I'd give the Aplenza (Wellbutrin, I think?) some more time if I were you. The anxiety is bad for about a month following a dosage increase, but after that it gets better. Anxiety is a well-known start-up effect.

As for Viibryd, I don't know anything about it. If you have a sample pack, you might want to give it a try, but that depends on your doctor's advice.

I hope you get feeling better soon!

Hi, welcome aboard CB!

I'd give the Aplenza (Wellbutrin, I think?) some more time if I were you. The anxiety is bad for about a month following a dosage increase, but after that it gets better. Anxiety is a well-known start-up effect.

As for Viibryd, I don't know anything about it. If you have a sample pack, you might want to give it a try, but that depends on your doctor's advice.

I hope you get feeling better soon!

yea its the newer version of wellbutrion, or something like it. its suppose to have less side effects. I'll try to stick with it to see if it helps, even if just to get a few days of relif before i drop it like i do every other med cause i dont want side effects. I got to stop doing that! going up and down all the time sucks. i need to commit.

maybe your pdoc can give you something to help with the anxiety in the short term?

Welcome to the boards

yea i forgot to ask him last time, but i just called his office right after i read your post and asked for something for anxiety. Today i took some 5htp and it did ease my anxiety quite a bit, but im not too sure how safe that is.

yea its the newer version of wellbutrion, or something like it. its suppose to have less side effects. I'll try to stick with it to see if it helps, even if just to get a few days of relif before i drop it like i do every other med cause i dont want side effects. I got to stop doing that! going up and down all the time sucks. i need to commit.

Try to stick with it a while. All meds have side effects, but they lessen with time. Really, you need to give a med a fair shot before you drop it. I know it's tough at first, but in the long run, you will be better off. Even if it doesn't work for you, you will always know that it was not the med for you. If you drop it too early, you will never know.

Try to stick with it a while. All meds have side effects, but they lessen with time. Really, you need to give a med a fair shot before you drop it. I know it's tough at first, but in the long run, you will be better off. Even if it doesn't work for you, you will always know that it was not the med for you. If you drop it too early, you will never know.

thats sound advice, thanks jt

Ok - this seems a little freaky to me: I'm a 30 yr old single mother raising an 8 year old girl. I wallow in depression 24/7. I also make pretty good money at a job I hate but am terrified to give up! The similarities seem to stop there but it's kind of spooky. Honestly, it sounds like you've got a lot going for you - "great shape, very handsome." I think you'll feel great once you find the right medicine - they all come with side effects unfortunately - my cymbalta makes me gain weight but I always tell myself that I'd rather be fat and happy than thin and dead (which isn't entirely true but it's a neat thing to tell myself) Welcome!

hello everyone, I finnaly joined the site after being a lurker for some time now. this is a pretty cool forum, not unlike some others ive been reading. So a little about me, Im a 28 year old single dad, raising an 8 year old boy all by myself. Im depressed as shit! I live in fucking Alabama! I grew up on the beaches of florida and all my family lives there, except for my dumb ass. I have a good job with a power company and make about 65k a year. I dont like the work i do but it pays well and im afraid to give it up. I have had depression and axiety since i was 16. so for 12 years I have been on anti depressants. lets see. paxil was first, lexapro, zoloft remeron, wellbutrion,luvox, klonopin,prozac, parnate, ect. I wouldnt say my depression is really sevear,but it does keep me down in the dumps and low of energy, with apathy and anhedonia. life just sucks big time. well right now im on aplenza 172mg. been on it for 2 weeks now and the axiety its giving me is insane! when does the anxiety go away? 4 weeks?6? Is this increased anxiety just start up side effects or what? well if it doesnt go away soon im gonna find something else to take, plus it gives my back acne! wtf! I also have a sample pack of the new viibyrd ssri. but i do hate ssris. my libido is already low and i fucking hate insomnia. shit im 28, in great shape, very handsome, why the fuck do i have to be so fucked up!!!! lol ok well, thats me in a nut shell guys, im looking foward to being a part of crazyboards!

Will~

Archived