CrazyBoards.org

All my life i've had this feeling, on and off. Suddenly my hands and tongue will start to really swell up, except they arent. I can look at my hands, stick my tongue out in the mirror and they look fine, but they just keep swelling and swelling. It starts to make me feel physically sick, it's such an unpleasant feeling...

Is this a tactile hallucination, or something else? I know i should mention it to my pdoc, and i probably will next time i see him, but i just wanted to get some insight first...

Cheers in advance :)

All my life i've had this feeling, on and off. Suddenly my hands and tongue will start to really swell up, except they arent. I can look at my hands, stick my tongue out in the mirror and they look fine, but they just keep swelling and swelling. It starts to make me feel physically sick, it's such an unpleasant feeling...

Is this a tactile hallucination, or something else? I know i should mention it to my pdoc, and i probably will next time i see him, but i just wanted to get some insight first...

Cheers in advance :)

I've experienced something like this and in my case I was told it was physiological sensations arising from panic (anxiety).

I used to get this in my appendages and head.....I was told it was Alice in Wonderland syndrome. Not sure if that was true. I've since outgrown it almost completely, so maybe they were right. I guess it's more common in younger people and when you fall asleep. Occasionally it happens when I get a migraine. I'd say it's probably an issue with sensory input or something? My gut reaction is to say it's probably not a psychotic symptom, but I'm no doctor and could thus be completely wrong.

Let us know what he/she says when you see the doc. Interested to find out!

I'm really confused about the idea of tactile hallucinations. I've always had the creepy crawlies sometimes, or just feel like im crawling in my skin sometimes. But I relate that to anxiety. I've felt alot of other tactile type hallucinations, or ones i though were tactile, but maybe they were just OCD. Especially ones involving my back/neck area. Alot of these are predisposed because of somatic issues. So maybe my neck is hurting so I think maybe if I think about my spine and picture it straight and in the right position then the problem will go away. Alot of the times, I put my hand back there to adjust itor make sure it's in place.

There are more vivid ones than this, like ones where im asleep and feel like someone or something is drilling at my head, around the outside of it. These were definitely hallucinatory, but since I was asleep they weren't psychotic symptoms, but instead hypnagogic dreams

Archived