CrazyBoards.org

Dysphoria or Euphoria ?

Hi there, in the course of a year, do you have more dysphoric manias/hypomanias or the euphoric type?

I have very few euphoric hypomanias, most of them are the nasty dysphoric type. I guess in the course of a year I get one or two episodes of euphoria every 6 months or so. They can last from 1 to 5 days. Now, the dysphoric type is very frequent and I usually cycle throught 3 weeks depression,2 weeks dysphoria 1 week normal, 1 week hypo (sometimes) and it starts again.

Thank you for your input.

I've been stable and I haven't had mania in 5 years. I do get mild depressions, basically feeling blah, sometimes. When I've had mania it starts out dysphoric (irritability, paranoia) but then it goes into psychosis. I'm not really sure how to gauge my mood state then.

Anyone else in some sort of remission?

I tend to lean more dysphoric/mixed/depression with twoish hypomanic symptoms. In short, I get crotchety. I've had some euphoria before, but mostly it's dysphoria. Fun fun.

I start out with euphoric hypomania's which then become dysphoric mania's with psychosis. I think from the not sleeping. Since starting meds I've had a few euphoric hypomania's but they have stopped there and not become full blown mania's with psychosis. The hypo's don't last very long anymore now and I tend to be on the depressive side of the illness more since starting meds.

what exactly is dysphoria?

in your personal experiances...haha sorry not trying to take over the thread but I am curious

I dont know if I have had it or not or exactly what it is. I understand euphoria because I know what the word 'means' but becuase I only get hypomanic and not manic, I dont really reach that full on level of absolute euphoric feelings.

so I am really interested to see what dysphoria would be just in general and more with somebody who has bipolar type 2.

thanks so much :)

Archived