CrazyBoards.org

Do you have a crisis plan?

I found one online yesterday and it's okay... it includes current meds, meds I shouldn't take, symptoms of episodes and what you can do to help (for the spouse/family) and emergency numbers. My husband is a little thick-headed sometimes... how do I get across to him that this is a big deal? Not sure he gets it. I mean, he remembers last year so that's something he would like to avoid but I guess it's not his head so he doesn't really understand how crappy it is.

I'm thinking of everything I can to try to head off my fall/winter insanity this year. Sigh.

LOL well it can't hurt. Last year really sucked. A lot of suckage. Considering I have 3 kids and a job also with kids, I'd like to head it off as much as possible. I can't imagine that the boss would be too impressed if I have to leave because I can't stop bawling (again).

wj74 - I so need a crisis plan.

I am in a similiar situation with 3 kids, a job, another job and some other stuff.

Right now I am trying to have a nervous breakdown/anxiety episode, but I am actually holding it back to appear as "normal" and "functioning" as I can as I have a few things to do and complete before I go totally looney.

Sounds fkd up? Totally.

I have a crisis. I actually just need a plan.

I've been slowly putting one together. Another member on here suggested I do one and so has my pdoc. With having kids, a Hubs and being pregnant it's probably something I should get a move on. I found one at my state's website that I really like. It has all the laws in it as well, so if someone decides to get sneaky and do something I don't want, I'm covered. The hardest part for me is finding someone I trust to put in charge other than my Hubs. I have real bad trust issues and I don't think anyone would be as equipped to handle it than my Hubs.

But nothing says "you are not a total loon" than others careening in the same direction as you.

Since my judgement is severly impaired right now, I apologize if my gratitude at the comment is offensive, but it did give me a moment of comfort and a small smile. Thank you.

I've never yet been so incapacitated that I could not make decisions for myself, so I've been a little lax on the crisis plan score. I had a WRAP for a long time to help me identify and deal with worsening symptoms, but it hasn't been updated for a while, so I should do that.

I carry a card in my wallet that says my current medication, and in caps, DO NOT give me benzos (unless unavoidable) or SSRIs. As long as we follow that golden rule, we should be good.

I do not have a crisis plan but have been encouraged to have one by my treatment team. It's something I look into and then put it off. Do you mind sharing where you found the plan online? I'm doing really well so, of course, it's the furthest thing from my mind BUT this is probably the best time to put one together.

I'm not BP so I hope you don't mind me answering.

I do not have a crisis plan, but I do think that is something I need. And I do need to work on it while I am well, because once I go past a certain point I lose all insight.

Pdoc does let me call if I am in a bad situation, but by time I realise I need to phone pdoc the crisis has passed so I don't bother. Plus I cannot trust people when I am ill, with paranoia being one of my major symptoms.

Though a while ago now I did write down how I actually feel during one of my episodes, in the hope of gaining better insight. Hopefully in time I will be able to ask for help at the time I actually need it.

I don't have a crisis plan either. I just trust that my hubby will know what to do as he did everything last time I went psychotic. He knows he can call my Mom to come and stay with us and he knows where my medication list is etc...

I have a very simple crisis plan. All my meds and hospitalizations are on my wife's computer and she knows where my insurance card and ID are in my wallet. Other than that, she knows which hospital I want to go to and to get me a carton of smokes. If she's at work, my Dad (who lives just 1 1/2 miles away) will drive me to the hospital or I can usually drive myself if it isn't rush hour. I also call my pdoc to let her know, but she doesn't come to the hospital.

Tommy

I have the basics of my treatment care available on my iPhone. Like my pdoc's info, an app with detailed med info, and a calendar shared with my whole family's electronic devices that advises everyone of major events.

I think I would have to lock myself in the car with a rubber hose to the exhaust before my hubby would call the pdoc. He grew up anti-psychiatry, and while he understands my issues, doesn't like to het involved in my care.

My problem is my husband, well meaning as he is, is really clueless about the whole thing. I gave him the list I printed and tried to explain because he really doesn't understand how BP works, just that my mood swings are nuts.

I will try to find the site I found it on...

Archived