CrazyBoards.org

Hey there :)

Hi there. Welcome. Glad you found us.

If you haven't already, make sure to take a skim of our rules and feel free to get in touch with a staff member if you need help with anything or have any questions.

Do you know why it is that you're not very compliant with medication? Being medicated is no fun, but there are certainly ways to make it more bearable, and on the whole I personally find it to be better than the way I feel without medication.

Hi and welcome to Crazyboards!

I encourage you to be med compliant. Almost all of us here are on some sort of med. It doesn't mean that our psychiatrists are trying to control our minds. In fact, that is impossible to do with any meds out there. Your psychiatrist just wants you to get well. I understand that these are delusions, but they will not get better unless you take your meds. I know that Saphris is nasty tasting and has side effects. All meds have side effects. Maybe your psychiatrist could prescribe a different med that would be better for you with fewer side effects?

I know I need to be more med-compliant if I want to get better. I just need to get over my delusions. I'm still at the point where I have a hard time believing them to be delusions.

I have similar issues with accepting my own delusions. I hate being proved wrong, especially when I was so convinced that I was right.

But welcome to CB. :)

Hi, one tip I've read on CB for delusions is kind of an exercise. You require yourself to show evidence for your beliefs that others say is delusional. So raw belief is not enough. for example, what is the evidence that your pdoc is trying to control your mind. If you don't have any, it's probably a delusion and you should take the meds like he says

Guest Vapourware

Hai and welcome to the boards. Have a browse through the Schizophrenia boards; that's where all us cool kids hang out :P

I agree with the suggestion of reality-checking. I find it helpful to deal with my delusions. I've been there too with thinking that medication was poison, etc., and it's really unpleasant. However, lots of kind people on CB, plus my therapist, challenged my views and asked for concrete evidence for my beliefs, and when I couldn't provide the concrete evidence, it eventually made me realise that my beliefs weren't based on anything remotely substantial. It took quite a bit of work though.

Archived