CrazyBoards.org

Lamictal & Celexa/Lexapro combo for BPII

Your previous response to it is going to help you figure out a lot in terms of your response now.

SSRIs are good for anxiety unless you have the type of bipolar disorder where SSRIs cause or worsen manic/hypomanic symptoms.

In general, Lamictal isn't enough of an anti-manic to really keep your moods level if SSRIs do that to you.

Does your signature mean you take Wellbutrin PRN? I have never heard of that before, and can't figure out the theory behind it.

If you are taking it daily, 150 isn't really considered a therapeutic dose, so there is room to go up. Although I know for some people, Wellbutrin causes anxiety, and maybe you meant that as part of your question in the first place.

Did you first try Celexa before you were on a mood stabilizer, or were you already on Tegretol or Lamictal?

It is not considered a therapeutic dose. I did not say it wasn't a therapeutic dose for her. I said it isn't even considered a therapeutic dose, so she as room to go up. That is, if she is even taking it daily, which it looks like may not be the case from her signature. Please pay attention.

You may be amazed to know, that being on what are considered sub-therapeutic doses of medication myself, I am aware that less than the official therapeutic dose can work for some people. Almost as if everyone were different.

My first time I tried Lamictal several years ago, I was also on Celexa among other drugs. I'm not bipolar so I can't answer whether it is a good combo for someone with bipolar. I don't remember that it was all that great, but I went off the Lamictal when the starter packs ran out because my insurance refused to pay for it (before the generic became available).

Archived