CrazyBoards.org

Fell off the wagon

Hey there -

I'm not going to let you have it. Not cutting is hard. It's a battle, no matter how long you've gone.

It's true that you slipped up. But that doesn't take away from the three years that you spent without self-injuring. Those three years are still a great accomplishment, and you can build on them as you move on from this slip, because you have all of that experience and success in you. It doesn't go away just because you slip. You can never go back to the way you were before, so you can never totally erase or lose your successes.

If I were you (and I've been there too - although I've never made it three years yet) I would take this time to review my coping skills and find somewhere out of the way to put my equipment. You can get back on the horse again.

Keep posting and letting us know how you're doing.

I'm not going to "let you have it," but I am going to highlight for you that "just testing" is bullshit. You already know that. You also know you can do better. You have three years worth of proof that you can do better. Climb back up on the wagon and keep going.

**TRIGGERS**

Can relate, I did a little digging/hair pulling yesterday (always lower legs). For me it's been a couple years free of it, can't recall the trigger, think it was general paranoia and another empty weekend (lonesome). Thought EMDR cured me, apparently not...well, was only a few minutes, used to go on for what seemed like hours (lost track of time & gained very sore back in the process).

Sorry you fell off the wagon too, have you tried EMDR??

**TRIGGERS**

Can relate, I did a little digging/hair pulling yesterday (always lower legs). For me it's been a couple years free of it, can't recall the trigger, think it was general paranoia and another empty weekend (lonesome). Thought EMDR cured me, apparently not...well, was only a few minutes, used to go on for what seemed like hours (lost track of time & gained very sore back in the process).

Sorry you fell off the wagon too, have you tried EMDR??

No, never tried it. I've read about it, not sure i completely understand it. Do you do it just once or do you have to repeat it every so often?

Archived