CrazyBoards.org

Hello ;)

Hello everyone- My name is Jennifer. I am thankful to find this board. I have read a lot of useful info and for once I feel "at home" so to speak. I don't know if any of you are like me, but I still can't come to terms with being bipolar. I don't know how to explain it other than I have a hard time accepting it. I guess it has more to do with how I was raised and how its not "normal". Normal is the word I dislike most these days. I have not found the right mix of meds yet to stabalize me. It's been such a long trip..literally at times. I'm extremely frustrated and dread taking my pills each day. Sick of trying new combo's. Just sick. Sorry for giving a sob story here. It feels good to get it out though. Again, very thankful to have found this site!

~Jennifer

Jennifer, one of our favorite sayings around here is that "normal" is a setting on the washing machine. To heck with what the rest of the world considers normal.

Anyway, welcome to Crazyboards, and I'm glad you found us. You will find several threads by people who are trying to learn to accept their diagnoses, and I hope that reading them will provide you with some insights. You're not alone, that's for sure!

Read our rules when you have time, and don't be afraid to contact a staff member. We're here to help.

olga

I also have a hard time accepting my bp diagnosis. I tend to blame all my symptoms on PTSD instead. I think a large part of that is the 2+ years I've been trying to find the right med combo.

Welcome to the boards.

Hi! I resisted my BP diagnosis for 15 years, sticking with ADD and recurring cepression as explanations. They don't have the stigma I thought. And being type II, what I had read about type I didn't fit.

When I finally accepted it, it was a huge relief. And the right meds have saved my marriage and probably my job.

I was lucky and Lamictal worked for me as soon as we had the diagnosis that was the first thing we tried. Years of antidepressants sending me into bouts of hypomania and bad cecision m aking are over.

Hang in there. I still haven't gotten brave enough to tell the whole world about my diagnosis. I want to stand up and be an advocate, but I don't know what the repercussions would be.

Archived