CrazyBoards.org

hey there, i'm ira

i'm 21, trans*, and i currently reside in arizona.

i've had issues with stress, anxiety, depression, hallucinating (not so much anymore), etc. since i was a small child. i grew up in a really religious home in which i was not allowed to seek help. i was told that demons and angels were fighting over my soul because i'm gifted in communication or whatever. so, now that i've been disowned and am in a somewhat stable environment, i'm trying to figure things out.

i can't afford healthcare of any kind. so, a friend of mine recommended that i check out this forum as a resource for potential self-diagnosis based on the things i learn here.

i'm not very shy in general, but in group settings, i get a bit anxious. so, i might just mostly lurk? i'm going to try and push myself to be a bit more involved though.

Hi, Ira. Welcome to Crazyboards.

There is a lot of information here, and we certainly believe in self-knowledge, but diagnosing yourself is not something that we encourage at all. If you don't have any money, are there any clinics in your area where you could see a psychiatrist or a therapist?

I hope you feel welcome. Be sure to check out the forums that seem to apply to your situation, and don't forget to read the rules. We're not a huggy bunch here, so it's important to know that going in.

Don't be afraid to contact a moderator if you have a question.

olga

Hi, Ira. Welcome to Crazyboards.

There is a lot of information here, and we certainly believe in self-knowledge, but diagnosing yourself is not something that we encourage at all. If you don't have any money, are there any clinics in your area where you could see a psychiatrist or a therapist?

I hope you feel welcome. Be sure to check out the forums that seem to apply to your situation, and don't forget to read the rules. We're not a huggy bunch here, so it's important to know that going in.

Don't be afraid to contact a moderator if you have a question.

olga

i live in the phoenix area. there used to be state funded healthcare (very minimal but it was there) that was just voted to be removed unless you're a single mother/pregnant. so not anymore? i recently moved here, so i'm still trying to get the hang out things. i'm not too keen on self diagnosis either, but i'm so desperate for some vocabulary. i'm not even really worried about treatment. i just want words i can identify with.

thanks for the welcome and the heads up on lack of hugs haha.

We have some members from your area, so maybe they will be able to point you in the right direction to get some help IRL.

In the meantime, snoop around and I bet you can learn a lot of stuff by reading what others have written. And don't be afraid to ask questions--every single person here was a newbie at one point.

Good luck!

olga

Archived