CrazyBoards.org

Striking a Balance

Yes. I've been on every AD since 1994 and most MSs. Currently lamictal x 3 years with Trazedone for sleep. Occasional AAPs. Soon as I get manic, I have to take Risperdal, then I get depressed and stop, but still take the Lam/Trazedone. There's no time to rest before I'm up again or down again. It foes from 10 - 1, and 1 -10. There is no 5 or middle ground. Fuck this shit; I'm so tired of it. I'll work at my new business like a madman then take a 2 week "vacay" because I'm too depressed to keep it going. I have real clients now and I'm trying to get off SSDI, but I can't run a biz like this. I'm scared my clients are going to see the real me and think I'm a fraud.

If you have such rapid and dramatic mood swings, don't you think it's time to try something other than lamictal? Not all AAP's cause depression (actually, I've never had one cause depression, and I've been on them all). There are literally hundreds of med dosage/med combos you can take to get things balanced.

It kind of seems like you might need to try something else or maybe a different dose of Lamictal if you're so up and down. Have you talked to your pdoc lately? It sucks that things are so difficult for you. Like Gizmo said, there are hundreds of combos to try, the shitty part is that it takes time to find the one that works for you.

Archived