CrazyBoards.org

Hi I'm Meg

Hello. My name is Meg and I'm 21 years old. I have a 4 month old son. I am married to a wonderful and undestanding man. I have been dealing with mental illness for as long as I can remember. I have been diagnosed with many different things but none of the doctors agree. One when I was in elementry school said I was ADD, which I'm not. Another at 13 said I was Clinically depressed with pychotic features. I don't know what that was about. Then I was just Clinically depressed. Then at 18, I was Borderline personality. then another doctor told me that I was Bipolar and couldn't be borderline at the same time. Now I just got told I have postpartum depression. I have been Self Injurying for 8 years. I didn't SI at all while I was pregnant and now I'm SIing worse then I have in a long time. I had been doing so good. My husband just lost his job. Thing are just really shitty right now and I don't know what to do.

Welcome MegMama, glad you're here. Sorry things are so shitty for you right now, I hope you'll be able to find the support you need here, CB is great.

I find that strange you were told you can't be Bipolar and Borderline simultaneously, because I am diagnosed with both. Hopefully you'll be able to get your diagnosis cleared up.

Anyway, just jump in whenever you feel like it. I see you found the chat, it's a great place to go when you need someone to talk to or have an issue, it can be a very useful tool.

See you around!

Hi there Meg,

Nice to meet you, though I'm sorry your life isn't going so well right now. It can be very confusing when they keep changing your diagnosis around.

I would suggest that you might like to check out our SI subforum - there are some lists of alternatives to SI pinned at the top. I particularly like the one that is sorted into categories to help you find one that works best for the emotion that's making you want to SI.

If you haven't already, be sure to read our rules and feel free to PM a mod or admin if you need help with anything.

Tryp

It can seem confusing, but it's not uncommon for diagnoses to shift. They aren't set in stone for a given person. Also, a patient's presentation can change, resulting in a new diagnosis. Doctors need to acquire longitudinal evidence over months to years to really understand a patient with MI that they only see for a few minutes at a time. I don't think your diagnosis situation is unusual. We have members here who don't agree with their diagnoses, and we have people who are given new diagnoses to replace other diagnoses. Welcome aboard

Archived