CrazyBoards.org

always this symptom and i don't know if i should take it serios or if it can be healed please help

Ever since i got sick 10 years ago i get sad easily. the weirdest things can just make me sad for the whole day and make me unable to have a normal converstion with friend or with my parents. i also get sad when someone makes a lound noice. like shuts a door. i somehow beleave the person would do it to disturb me even when i'm not sure about it my brain would think so and feel sad automaticaly. and i even am aware of the fact that they don't do it to be bother me in the present. i've never been so before. i used to be very strong mentaly. i wanted to ask if this is healable with any kind of medicine. i also get sad quickly when something goes wrong. like when i can't keep up with others in school or at other activities and hobbies. please help. is there anyone that knows what this might be and if it could be healed?

I know what you are talking about because I used to be that way. Now I take a mood stabilizer - carbamazepine - and it helps to even out the mood so I don't get suddenly so sad so suddenly so upset. I cannot recommend that you take it because many people have not found carbamazepine helpful. What I want to say is that maybe a mood stabilizer could help you.

I know what you are talking about because I used to be that way. Now I take a mood stabilizer - carbamazepine - and it helps to even out the mood so I don't get suddenly so sad so suddenly so upset. I cannot recommend that you take it because many people have not found carbamazepine helpful. What I want to say is that maybe a mood stabilizer could help you.

Thank you! i will surely try that. i hope i doesn't sedate you to much cause i can't go to work when i'm sedated.

What diagnoses did your pdoc give you? What meds do you take, in what amounts?

ETA What has your pdoc said to you about your sadness?

i'm schizophrenic, i take 12,5mg-25mg clozapine in the evening, 5mg-20mg ritalin during daytime, Temesta, Xanax, Surmontil, Amisulprid, Dipiperon only in worst case scenarios. and i haven't talked to him about my sadness yet. but i will the next time i see him for sure. untill now i was ashamed to talk about this issue but i have had enough of this now and i'm gonna try mood stabilisers. my treatment started because i was hearing voices night and day and couldn't sleep anymore the docs diagnosed me with schizophrenia. all of this started after many bad experiences that i had including substance abuse, and gynecomastia from age 10 to age 25.

untill now i was ashamed to talk about this issue but i have had enough of this now

It sounds like the 'sadness' is having big effects on your life and wellbeing. When you talk with your pdoc, give specific examples of what sad means to you, as in vapour's question, and circumstances that make you sad. 'Sad' can mean different things to different people, and you want your treatment tailored to your specific experiences

untill now i was ashamed to talk about this issue but i have had enough of this now

It sounds like the 'sadness' is having big effects on your life and wellbeing. When you talk with your pdoc, give specific examples of what sad means to you, as in vapour's question, and circumstances that make you sad. 'Sad' can mean different things to different people, and you want your treatment tailored to your specific experiences

i realised that it really has a very big effect on my life and that i can't keep it secret anymore. i'm writing down every situation i can get sad in rigth now to discuss it with my doc in 2 weeks. i want to thank you for this very helpfull tip.

Archived