CrazyBoards.org

RITALIN

ok, well i just est care with my new pdoc and guess what?? i love her!!! im so happy!!!

on that note she is in agreeance with my tdoc about me being misdiagnosed. so today i have been started on ritalin 5mg twice daily.i dont know what to expect on this med really, it speaks for its self, but does anyone here have any heads up or things i should know?

ive read the paperwork, but we all know thats just paperwork lol.

thanks

the only think that i dont like from ritalin , its that it make you a little less care about people, like you are ok alone, and you dont smile like always, that happened to me , and it dont have to happend to you

but its a very good medication i took it for like 3 years , now i take 600 mg xr of seroquel

in the first week or two you are gonna know if it is a right medication for you

It didn't really do anything for me at 5mg, but I've been increasing slowly (to make sure it doesn't mess with my mood). Now that I'm taking a little more, I notice that it helps quite a bit with focus. I can actually finish things at work and around the house. I can watch a movie without my mind wandering all over the place.

My pdoc just started me on Ritalin at our last visit, 5 mg 3x/day. So far, the only odd things I've noticed are that I get headaches more often and that lights actually seem brighter. I'm a little jumpier and more crabby than normal, but that might not be related to the Ritalin.

I take 30 mg of Ritalin per day. I don't know what to say about this med. It certainly has not made me less depressed nor given me more motivation. It does wake me up in the morning, and it does help me to focus better. That's about all. No bad side effects to speak of.

Archived