CrazyBoards.org

Hi. I'm Jared.

Hello all. I'm Jared. I enjoy coming to this site so that I can find stories that I relate to. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one suffering with mental illness.

I began suffering from depression/anxiety just after I graduated high school and prior to leaving for college. It went undiagnosed for quite awhile. During that time, I suffered many panic attacks. So many that I truly believe that I've developed some PTSD as a result of feeling the things I did without any viable explanation for them. Things got better once I became diagnosed, after four years of no diagnosis, and I was prescribed Paxil. The paxil did the trick, for the most part, for about 8 years. Klonopin was thrown in to the mix in year 6 of those 8.

After me and my wife separated, things got a lot worse for me and I've been on numerous meds since that time. Pristiq, Lexapro, Seroquel, Respirdal, Cymbalta, Abilify, Wellbutrin, Busbar, Lamictal. While the meds help, I find that good behavioral techniques seem to help the most.

Cheers,

Jared

Archived