CrazyBoards.org

hi. after i was hospitalized, and diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia (still diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia), i was put on medication. After i was on medication my delusions/hallucinations went away. they went away for almost a year until i reduced my medication to very small amount. then i started to get paranoid and started to get psychotic thoughts/feelings about my being evil. I read on http://www.nimh.nih....ete-index.shtml that: People with positive symptoms often "lose touch" with reality. These symptoms can come and go. Sometimes they are severe and at other times hardly noticeable, depending on whether the individual is receiving treatment.

Does it still mean ive had paranoid schizophrenia all this time even though for so long i didnt have delusions or hallucinations? Even though i didnt report any delusions/hallucinations for so long to my doctor he didnt change my diagnosis.

Guest Vapourware

I agree with everyone else - you can have periods of remission with schizophrenia, where you are asymptomatic. You're not always going to have symptoms. Even the article that you linked acnknowledges this: it says, "symptoms can come and go". If you experienced remission while on medication, then it meant that your meds were working. The fact that the symptoms came back when you lowered your meds is a sign that you lowered your meds too much for them to be effective for your symptoms.

I've been pretty asymptomatic for a few months, but I'm always going to have the schizoaffective label regardless - it's something that you have for life. I just have to guard against any relapses.

Archived